Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!    Latest blog post: Yoga for Weight Loss

Advertisments:

Has Anyone Done A Juice Fast/detox? Any Recommendations?

Healthy Recipes for Weight Loss

Postby Treoweman » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:57 am

I've been thinking about doing this for a few years. My sister-in-law is now doing it and having great success(i.e. weight loss, feeling better, etc). I can't do the water fasting too well due to my blood sugar. I can feel ready to pass out from missing one meal. I'm hoping the juice fasts will be better because I'm taking in nutrients.Has anyone done this? What tips or insight can you give me?
Treoweman

Postby Az » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:51 pm

I did a week long fast I used spicy V8 juice for a week and lost 10 Lbs and felt great. evertime i felt hungry I would down a 12 oz glass of V8. it has all the nutrients to sustain you. I also tried this product with my wife but i felt hungry most of the time and if I missed taking it I felt like crap(withdrawal). http://www.eniva.com/index.html ~XSpoonX~ 92 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Az

Postby Baldwynn » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:21 am

How to do a juice fast:How much juice should a person drink during a juice fast? Many people make the mistake of not drinking enough juice. Not drinking enough juice can cause very unpleasant healing reactions and ravenous hunger. This is not about hunger or deprivation - this is about nourishing and healing the body. Drink as much juice as is desired. Drink at least a gallon per day, and more if there is hunger. If there is hunger, it means not enough juice is being consumed. Ideally, it should actually feel as if one is drinking TOO MUCH juice. Again, this is truly a juice "flush," not a fast.What juices are best to drink? * Greens - parsley, kale, beet greens, chard, spinach, dandelion leaf * Cruciferous vegetables - broccoli, cabbage * Root vegetables - carrots, beets, sweet potatoes * Fruits - dark grapes, apples, citrus * Herbs - yucca root(especially good for arthritis and other inflammations in the body), fennel, spearmint, peppermint, basil, ginger, garlic, green onion, chile pepper, fresh turmeric root(small amounts) * Wheatgrass juice - very powerfulSince juices are concentrates, dilute all juices with an equal amount of water. I typically do not recommend an all fruit juice fast. Diabetics should juice fast on diluted vegetable juices only and not on fruit juices.It is easy to make fruit juice combinations that taste good. It is a bit more challenging to make vegetables taste good. That's why it's important to get some good juicing recipe books. A good juicing recipe book takes all the guesswork out of making juice combinations taste good. Consult some recipe books for juice fasting. Michael Murray's The Complete Book of Juicing contains many recipes for delicious juices. If you've made a vegetable combination that doesn't taste good, add carrot and/or apple juice to it. Most of the time, that will make the juice palatable enough to drink, and sometimes, you even end up with a great-tasting combo!What juicer should I get?It depends on what you want and how much one is willing to spend. The Champion Juicer has a large motor which practically never wears out. I've known people who have had their Champion juicer for over 25 years. The great thing about the Champion is that it is so easy to clean. It also has a homogenizer attachment that makes nut butters, frozen fruit desserts, and pates possible to make. It retails for around $249.95. The Champion does a good job with most juices except wheatgrass and delicate stems. For these, one usually needs a separate wheatgrass juicer, or a Green Power Juicer or Green Life Juicer which retails from $449 to $550 which juices wheatgrass as well as greens and vegetables. One of the best juicers to get started with is an Omega 4000. What other types of fasts are there?Mono Diet Fast:During a mono diet cleanse, only one type of food is consumed during a period of time. Probably the most famous and successful one is the grape diet. Persons on this diet are encouraged to drink as much grape juice and consume as many grapes(plus the grape skins and seeds) as desired. This method was popularized by a woman who healed herself of cancer using this diet.The Lemonade Diet:This cleansing diet was used by Wyatt Earp and later by Stanley Burroughs as a very effective way to detoxify the body using fresh lemon juice, cayenne pepper, maple syrup and water. This is a good cleanse with one minor problem: the epsom salt flush. Within 1/2 hour of consuming the epsom salt mixture, an osmotic diarrhea occurs. This is felt as a watery, often uncontrollable diarrhea. This diarrhea can cause significant electrolyte depletion, cause palpitations and can be dangerous for those who are taking heart medication. One does not have to resort to epsom salts to cleanse the colon, and cleansing the colon does not need to be this drastic. Good herbal colon cleansing formulas such as the Vibrant Colon Formula and the Colon Detox Caps can easily take the place of the epsom salt flush.We've had clients do the Intestinal Rejuvenation Program(Vibrant Colon + Colon Detox Caps) instead of the epsom salt flush and laxative tea and it worked extremely well. In fact, in one client, the hardened mucoid layer sloughed off of the colon lining in only 3 days instead of the 10 days that is normally expected when doing the lemonade diet as originally recommended by Stanley Burroughs.I must caution people about doing the lemonade diet since it is a stronger cleanse, and this makes it mandatory to do the colon cleansing portion. We've had an acquaintance who had heard about the Stanley Burrough's lemonade diet and started doing it. However, he did nothing to care for his colon during this time, except to drink a laxative tea once or twice. No epsom salt flush, no Vibrant Colon, and no Colon Detox Caps. He lost weight quickly(which was wonderful), but the fats that were being released during his weight loss overwhelmed his liver and without the colon formulas to soak them up, they stayed in the liver and gallbladder and caused gallstones. He ended up in the emergency room. There, they asked him, "Have you lost a lot of weight recently? Rapid weight loss is associated with gallstones"The bile must flow freely during the lemonade diet, otherwise gallstones can form. The Vibrant Colon encourages the bile to flow and the Colon Detox Caps absorbs any toxic bile filled with fats so that they are eliminated in the bowel movements instead of being recirculated back to the liver where they can cause gallstones. Colon cleansing is of crucial importance for protection against gallstones during the lemonade diet.Water Fast:During a water fast, only water is consumed. This method is preferred by adherents of Natural Hygiene who insist it is the only true method of fasting. It is a dramatic fast, and cannot be extended for long periods of time(one week) without adverse effects. Although it has been effective for some when done for very short periods of time, I usually find the cleanse to be too "rough" for most people to handle. Some people have reported that they never gained back their energy after doing a water fast. I do not recommend water fasting because there is a chance that it could cause damage due to lack of nutrients and a too rapid detoxification. Some Natural Hygiene extremists have caused irreparable harm to patients by refusing to give any enemas or herbs to move the colon because of a false belief that that enemas are unnatural and one shouldn't reverse the movements of the intestines. Because of this, the rapid detox overloaded the body and caused kidney damage. These misguided beliefs cause harm.A Juice fast, on the other hand, is very safe, and I have never seen anyone experience a bad outcome from doing a juicing routine. In fact, I normally see a very therapeutic response which is very exciting. One of the reasons why is because we are not depriving the body of calories, but simply putting the nutrition into the body in liquid form instead of solid form. How will I get enough protein?When people do my juice program exactly as I have outlined and take the above supplements, there is no chance of not getting enough protein.
Baldwynn

Postby Regenfrithu » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:41 pm

I used spicy V8 juice for a week and lost 10 Lbs and felt great. evertime i felt hungry I would down a 12 oz glass of V8. it has all the nutrients to sustain you. I also tried this product with my wife but i felt hungry most of the time and if I missed taking it I felt like crap(withdrawal). http://www.eniva.com/index.html
Regenfrithu

Postby Yates » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:51 am

Medical Doctor Explains How to do a Juice Fast How to do a juice fast:How much juice should a person drink during a juice fast? Many people make the mistake of not drinking enough juice. Not drinking enough juice can cause very unpleasant healing reactions and ravenous hunger. This is not about hunger or deprivation - this is about nourishing and healing the body. Drink as much juice as is desired. Drink at least a gallon per day, and more if there is hunger. If there is hunger, it means not enough juice is being consumed. Ideally, it should actually feel as if one is drinking TOO MUCH juice. Again, this is truly a juice "flush," not a fast.What juices are best to drink? * Greens - parsley, kale, beet greens, chard, spinach, dandelion leaf * Cruciferous vegetables - broccoli, cabbage * Root vegetables - carrots, beets, sweet potatoes * Fruits - dark grapes, apples, citrus * Herbs - yucca root(especially good for arthritis and other inflammations in the body), fennel, spearmint, peppermint, basil, ginger, garlic, green onion, chile pepper, fresh turmeric root(small amounts) * Wheatgrass juice - very powerfulSince juices are concentrates, dilute all juices with an equal amount of water. I typically do not recommend an all fruit juice fast. Diabetics should juice fast on diluted vegetable juices only and not on fruit juices.It is easy to make fruit juice combinations that taste good. It is a bit more challenging to make vegetables taste good. That's why it's important to get some good juicing recipe books. A good juicing recipe book takes all the guesswork out of making juice combinations taste good. Consult some recipe books for juice fasting. Michael Murray's The Complete Book of Juicing contains many recipes for delicious juices. If you've made a vegetable combination that doesn't taste good, add carrot and/or apple juice to it. Most of the time, that will make the juice palatable enough to drink, and sometimes, you even end up with a great-tasting combo!What juicer should I get?It depends on what you want and how much one is willing to spend. The Champion Juicer has a large motor which practically never wears out. I've known people who have had their Champion juicer for over 25 years. The great thing about the Champion is that it is so easy to clean. It also has a homogenizer attachment that makes nut butters, frozen fruit desserts, and pates possible to make. It retails for around $249.95. The Champion does a good job with most juices except wheatgrass and delicate stems. For these, one usually needs a separate wheatgrass juicer, or a Green Power Juicer or Green Life Juicer which retails from $449 to $550 which juices wheatgrass as well as greens and vegetables. One of the best juicers to get started with is an Omega 4000. What other types of fasts are there?Mono Diet Fast:During a mono diet cleanse, only one type of food is consumed during a period of time. Probably the most famous and successful one is the grape diet. Persons on this diet are encouraged to drink as much grape juice and consume as many grapes(plus the grape skins and seeds) as desired. This method was popularized by a woman who healed herself of cancer using this diet.The Lemonade Diet:This cleansing diet was used by Wyatt Earp and later by Stanley Burroughs as a very effective way to detoxify the body using fresh lemon juice, cayenne pepper, maple syrup and water. This is a good cleanse with one minor problem: the epsom salt flush. Within 1/2 hour of consuming the epsom salt mixture, an osmotic diarrhea occurs. This is felt as a watery, often uncontrollable diarrhea. This diarrhea can cause significant electrolyte depletion, cause palpitations and can be dangerous for those who are taking heart medication. One does not have to resort to epsom salts to cleanse the colon, and cleansing the colon does not need to be this drastic. Good herbal colon cleansing formulas such as the Vibrant Colon Formula and the Colon Detox Caps can easily take the place of the epsom salt flush.We've had clients do the Intestinal Rejuvenation Program(Vibrant Colon + Colon Detox Caps) instead of the epsom salt flush and laxative tea and it worked extremely well. In fact, in one client, the hardened mucoid layer sloughed off of the colon lining in only 3 days instead of the 10 days that is normally expected when doing the lemonade diet as originally recommended by Stanley Burroughs.I must caution people about doing the lemonade diet since it is a stronger cleanse, and this makes it mandatory to do the colon cleansing portion. We've had an acquaintance who had heard about the Stanley Burrough's lemonade diet and started doing it. However, he did nothing to care for his colon during this time, except to drink a laxative tea once or twice. No epsom salt flush, no Vibrant Colon, and no Colon Detox Caps. He lost weight quickly(which was wonderful), but the fats that were being released during his weight loss overwhelmed his liver and without the colon formulas to soak them up, they stayed in the liver and gallbladder and caused gallstones. He ended up in the emergency room. There, they asked him, "Have you lost a lot of weight recently? Rapid weight loss is associated with gallstones"The bile must flow freely during the lemonade diet, otherwise gallstones can form. The Vibrant Colon encourages the bile to flow and the Colon Detox Caps absorbs any toxic bile filled with fats so that they are eliminated in the bowel movements instead of being recirculated back to the liver where they can cause gallstones. Colon cleansing is of crucial importance for protection against gallstones during the lemonade diet.Water Fast:During a water fast, only water is consumed. This method is preferred by adherents of Natural Hygiene who insist it is the only true method of fasting. It is a dramatic fast, and cannot be extended for long periods of time(one week) without adverse effects. Although it has been effective for some when done for very short periods of time, I usually find the cleanse to be too "rough" for most people to handle. Some people have reported that they never gained back their energy after doing a water fast. I do not recommend water fasting because there is a chance that it could cause damage due to lack of nutrients and a too rapid detoxification. Some Natural Hygiene extremists have caused irreparable harm to patients by refusing to give any enemas or herbs to move the colon because of a false belief that that enemas are unnatural and one shouldn't reverse the movements of the intestines. Because of this, the rapid detox overloaded the body and caused kidney damage. These misguided beliefs cause harm.A Juice fast, on the other hand, is very safe, and I have never seen anyone experience a bad outcome from doing a juicing routine. In fact, I normally see a very therapeutic response which is very exciting. One of the reasons why is because we are not depriving the body of calories, but simply putting the nutrition into the body in liquid form instead of solid form. How will I get enough protein?When people do my juice program exactly as I have outlined and take the above supplements, there is no chance of not getting enough protein. Sources: http://www.startthehealing.com/juicing.html TakeaChillPillYo 93 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Yates

Return to Weight Loss Recipes