Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Has Anyone Dealt With A Friend/family Member With Borderline Personality? How Did You Get Them Help And Treatment?

Discuss Food Addiction

Has Anyone Dealt With A Friend/family Member With Borderline Personality? How Did You Get Them Help And Treatment?

Postby Grosvenor » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:43 pm

How can you get out of a relationship with someone with this disorder?
Grosvenor

Postby Courtnay » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:03 am

now I understand your other question a little better Talk to the person.  Ask them to see a doctor.  If that has already happened and the person is on medication, or supposed to be on medication, draw a very firm line.   "This iand this need to be done and such and such need to change or we are going to have to go our separate ways."   Then stick to it.  Painful, but if the person keeps refusing the idea that something is wrong(and we know a young man like this who refuses to see a doctor and is driving us all crazy, actually), then you have GOT to quit helping him or her by maintaining a relationship.  You cannot take the burden on yourself, it will crush you.   "You either get help, or you are on your own.  I cannot let you do this to me and everyone else.  Take your choice."   It's called tough love. tuppence 81 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Courtnay

Postby seadon » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:35 am

I am this and bipolar. I need the celiac diet(no dairy and gluten grains), Vit B1 stops the obsessing. This book Boomerang Love by Lynn Melville offers a way to break your thoughts about him and offers telephone help with the author. I take 4.8 mg of lithium and 40 vitamins, had to detox heavy metals by IV DMPS/EDTA Chelation and get alot of help from God and Christians. I had to lower my copper level, by taking zinc when I ate food. I go to an Alternative medicine doctor and take hair tests and chelation there.
seadon

Postby Wuyi » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:11 pm

You introduce them to someone else. I know what you mean, it is hard to get out of it once you are in it... I am this and bipolar. I need the celiac diet(no dairy and gluten grains), Vit B1 stops the obsessing. This book Boomerang Love by Lynn Melville offers a way to break your thoughts about him and offers telephone help with the author. I take 4.8 mg of lithium and 40 vitamins, had to detox heavy metals by IV DMPS/EDTA Chelation and get alot of help from God and Christians. I had to lower my copper level, by taking zinc when I ate food. I go to an Alternative medicine doctor and take hair tests and chelation there. Shasha 81 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Wuyi

Postby burdett » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:23 pm

Talk to the person.  Ask them to see a doctor.  If that has already happened and the person is on medication, or supposed to be on medication, draw a very firm line.   "This iand this need to be done and such and such need to change or we are going to have to go our separate ways."   Then stick to it.  Painful, but if the person keeps refusing the idea that something is wrong(and we know a young man like this who refuses to see a doctor and is driving us all crazy, actually), then you have GOT to quit helping him or her by maintaining a relationship.  You cannot take the burden on yourself, it will crush you.   "You either get help, or you are on your own.  I cannot let you do this to me and everyone else.  Take your choice."   It's called tough love.
burdett

Return to Compulsive Overeating