Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Getting Your Body Back After A Baby?

Diet Pill Discussion

Postby reod99 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:06 am

I had my son in January of 2010. Before pregnancy I was 120lbs all through high school and after. During pregnancy I hit a about 170lbs, and after I had my son I dropped 20. Slowly after that I dropped a little bit more, and for the last two years I have been at 140-145. I cannot seem to drop the last 20-25lbs. I am very short (5'1) and before pregnancy I was pretty petitie. Now my legs are thicker, arms are thicker, I have outrageous muffin tops and a flabby belly. Does anyone know of any good excercise plans to get slim again? When you are short, you have to be realy careful on over-toning because you can look bulky. I just want to tone up and look slim and petite like I did before pregnancy. I've tried Zumba, Pilates, and Just ab-crunch workouts but nothing ever has seemed to help. I know there isn't some miracle pill out there but if any know of one that maybe goes well with a diet/exercise plan- please let me know! I just need some help finding a good diet plan a good workout plan and possibly a good diet pill to get me moving in the right direction. I miss my body.
reod99

Postby avishai71 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:07 am

I had the same problem as you, my first born is almost 2 now & I couldn't break the 140 lb marker (I actually gave up as I'm expecting #2 now). My doctor actually mentioned to me that quite often women's abdominal muscles do not reattach following pregnancy which is the cause of the whole muffin top look. If you can put your finger width in between your abdominal muscles they haven't reattached. Excercise wise to lose a bit more weight & just slim down I reccomend cardio cardio cardio and more cardio. Walking, running, taking your child to play at the park or in a field & doing some exercises while they play. Great bonding while burning fat/calories for you & energy for your son. My friend also reccomended to me the book "The Last 10 Pounds", great excersise & meal plan.

Good luck!
avishai71

Postby Geovanny » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:10 am

Cardio!!! Lots of waking. Eat around 1,200-1,500 calories a day. A good healthy diet.
Geovanny

Postby bankroft » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:15 am

I'm sorry to tell you this, but you may not be able to get your body back. I'm sure if you tried extremely hard, it may be possible, but some people just never loose those last few pounds. A smaller portion of the weight might be permanent (4 pounds). Pay attention to the types of calories you are consuming. Keep your sugar and sodium in check, those are generously absorbed by fat. Keep in mind that not all of the weight is from fat alone. Some of the pounds may be water weight, and some may be muscle. Muscle has a much higher density than fat. Also, at some gyms, there may be a scale available that tells you your overall body mass index, your body fat content, etc. For everyone, a healthy body fat content is 20%. At fifteen, this was mine, but a class mate was skinnier than me, yet her body fat content was 30%! A healthy Body Mass Index is between 18.5 and 26. Also, if you are busty, that could account for some of the weight.

If you have literally tried everything in your power to loose the weight and had no success, you may have to resort to surgery. Do what your doctor recommends, some weight loss surgeries can be dangerous.

And don't try any stupid diets, like that one where you inject yourself with the hCG pregnancy hormone, or starving yourself. These can be dangerous.

Lastly, Cardio. Lots and lots of cardio. Bike riding as fast and as hard as you can is how I have stayed in shape my whole life, before and after pregnancy.
bankroft

Postby Wilton » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:18 am

Zumba, Pilates and just ab-cruch all sound great. Now, how often are you doing these classes? The minimum someone should exercise is like 3 hours a week. So if you are only taking one or two one hour classes a week, things are not going to change. You should exercise one hour per day. Preferably something that is going to make you really sweat. Also, stop eating any and all junk food, fast food, alcohol, soda, etc.
Wilton

Postby Gale » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:20 am

im the same way lol before my baby i was 5'0 95-110 never more and now 3 years later im at 120 i got up to 130 while i was pregnant. I do sit ups, squats, and go up on my tip toes and back down. But my man likes me curvy so its good lol
Gale

Return to Diet Pills & Supplements