Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Get Off Atkins Quick?

Get Off Atkins Quick?

Postby Elliott » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:19 pm

Since I've known what it is I've always been quick to condemn the Atkins diet. Every time I've packed on a few extra pounds I've taken them back off through eating less and exercising more. Weird right?

This Summer after moving home from college I gained 15 lbs. eating my mom's home cooking and it has taken me longer than usual to take it back off so my boss duped me into trying this god forsaken diet.

It works, I'll give you that. I'm down 6 lbs. in about 11 days of the induction phase (20 carbs a day) but I feel terrible. I can't sleep, my stomach hurts, when I go to the gym I feel like I'm going to pass out, I'm generally sluggish and can't concentrate, and I'm done with this stupid diet.

What I'm wondering is what is the fastest and safest way off of this diet? I'm not even that concerned about gaining the 6 lbs. back because I can get rid of it again my way eventually. Ideally I wouldn't like to gain any more than that back but I need to be done with this thing. I know it would be stupid to just go back to normal in one day and start eating a few hundred carbs a day, but I feel like the fact that I did this for such a short period of time it shouldn't be that big an issue to switch back.

So please any advice on what I should eat, how many carbs, how many days, whatever it takes to rid me of this evil without turning me into a chubby toad.
Elliott

Get Off Atkins Quick?

Postby Rthe » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:20 pm

quitting chilly turkey is effective. basically strengthen your water, get a load of carbs into you, and start up eating a lot of end result and vegetables. you're speedy to sentence the atkins weight loss software, and so is each respected wellbeing authority in existance. it somewhat is undesirable for you; the human physique isn't meant to function on a organic protein weight loss software. No animal is. Our considerable power production comes from the technique of glycolisis, this is the breakdown of glucose, this is the uncomplicated form of uncomplicated carbs. Protein provides power, yet our bodies are not designed to reap it effectively; it somewhat is basically an emergency ingredient. So yeah, basically swap lower back a to a wholesome weight loss software composed frequently of carbs, and start up workout consultation lower back. you would be effective
Rthe

Get Off Atkins Quick?

Postby Beauvis » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:26 pm

It doesn't have to be all or nothing with the carbs. When you drastically cut your carb intake, you are going to feel like crap for about 1-2 weeks as your body switches over from burning sugar (glycogen) to burning fat. I don't know what you are doing at the gym, but it probably isn't helping if it's cardio.

If you want to stop Atkins, that's fine, but going back to eating a couple hundred grams of carbohydrates a day is only going to get you back into your fat jeans. Instead, try eating around 100 g of carbs a day, but make sure it's from vegetables and some fruits.You will find you have plenty to eat. Cut out grains and refined foods-- they will not help you. Make sure you are eating a good amount of protein and plenty of fat as well. Fat does not make you fat, and it will help you feel full longer.

At 100g of carbs you should find that you can still lose weight, it will just be a little slower than the aggressive 20g, but you should feel a lot better.

I hope this helps!
Beauvis

Return to Atkins Diet