Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Gays: Would It Not Be More Strategic To Call Yourself Bisexual, And Especially Reference The Kinsey Scale?

Gays: Would It Not Be More Strategic To Call Yourself Bisexual, And Especially Reference The Kinsey Scale?

Postby Ambrosius » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:01 am

By calling yourself bisexual, it makes you seem more open to possibilities, and that after evaluating the candidates choosing your mate. Even if your choice is already made by biology, it is still good to leave it open, even symbolically as a gesture of openness. And the phenomena of a man loving a man and a woman loving a woman, could be called intra-gender lovemaking. And when it is straight people, called inter-gender lovemaking. And when referring to the biology that governs the choosing (even if that choosing is fixed or rigged to make a choice, it's still being made by the body), it should be called intra-gender libido or inter-gender libido, that each can be present in a person. And that parents should assume the bisexual potential of their children, and teach them not to judge one another, no matter what path they travel down, make it like a mystery, and the deal settled when they start with the gender of choice or whatever combination they choose, never predetermining it. A person could love one man, then three women after that, any pattern and never a judgment.

I am a master the language. I have this beautiful image in my head as to how this would go.

These terms' 'gay' 'lesbian' are slang. And I hate the expression 'gay guy', it sounds retarded to me. There should be a time and a place for it.

I think transsexuals, also need some lessons in etiquette and the proper use of language to create a good atmosphere. There should be a polite signifier of their transsexuality.
Ambrosius

Postby Loc » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:02 am

That is not how I meant 'transsexual', please stop telling me what I meant. Yes, I will govern what I believe is moral and polite, it will come from my heart, and not by outside force and coercion you seem to want, I do not find that moral. I do not care what my opinion was, coercing me to think differently is immoral. The only moral means is through a discussion that is honest, polite and logical. Those are my terms, if you don't like them, I don't have to listen to you. I find anything that lies outside those terms reprehensible. And here is what I think honest, polite and logical means though it might be incomplete, but it is at least a rough draft of what I thought they meant to me anyway:

Honesty = expressing the true state of your mind toward a subject, your thoughts and feelings.

Politeness = that you do not add any venom to your words, you express your honesty in the best kindest way, regardless of how true your thoughts or feelings appeared at the time, and al
Loc

Postby Readman » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:03 am

No, because then i'd (unintentionally) be telling those around me that there's a chance I could end up with a girl, which couldn't be further from the truth. When I go by the title "gay", I'm letting those around me and those who approach me know that i'm only after a certain gender and the other shouldn't try wasting time on trying to be with me when there no chance of that happening

EDIT: then i'd cross that bridge when I come to it.....as for now, the truth is that I am completely gay (I just took the Kensey scale test and wound up at a 6). If I discover later in life that a woman has gained my attraction (doubtful but I don't mind going on a "what if? ", then i'll go by bisexual since at that point there'd actually be a bit of truth behind it

interesting question to say the least and we could go on this debate forever
Readman

Postby Wilfred » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:05 am

'Transsexuals' is just the way I refer to them, all that added interpretation is not true. Personally, I think they are men and women who think they are not because their brain makes them feel they are not. I will speak my feelings on the matter unconstrained, I am polite as far as honesty allows, I will not be dishonest with my feelings to comfort you, but I speak as politely as I can within my honesty for you. I place my feelings in a logical form so that if you want: you can challenge it. It is only through polite and honest logical discussion that I will change my mind, not in the coercive fashion you would have it be, that is not moral in my books.
Wilfred

Postby Winefrith » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:07 am

(continuing)

...and always leave a window open that these may be overturned by future arguments.

Logical = that you do your best to present thought or feeling in a form that can be discussed and open to criticism, and that is an explanation and not just a statement, it explains the thought or feeling.

My morality evolves over time in accord with my understanding, and I think what I have said is fair. You may change my mind only by this standard: honest, polite and logical, and I think fair too. Those make for good quality discussion.

These generally strike me as being respectful to me.
Winefrith

Postby Aescwyn » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:10 am

No. Since the age of about five, I have been sexually attracted only to other males. OK nothing happened, though I constantly hoped to be seduced, till I was 18, when a younger cousin helped me out.
Aescwyn

Postby Mutayyib » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:11 am

That sounds stupid and pointless and as I tested 6 on the scale especially for me.
Mutayyib

Postby Armin » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:12 am

However, calling themselves bisexual when they are, in fact, homosexual would constitute intellectual dishonesty. Why should they strive to portray themselves as what they are not just for the comfort of other people? If they discover later that their preferences have changed, then they are changed, but to call themselves "bisexual" when they prefer only men is inaccurate.
Armin

Postby Palban » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:17 am

No.

Why would I call myself bisexual when I know that I am gay, that I am not attracted to women and that I will never want to date one?
Palban

Postby Rafal » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:29 am

You have way too much time on your hands.

That would over complicate everything. If anything people need to start moving away from labels altogether and just be with whomever they find attractive, rather than worrying about defining their sexual orientation.

I don't know why you mentioned transsexualism, since it is not a sexual orientation and has nothing to do with this. There is no such thing as "transsexuals", a person is not "a transsexual", people are born with transsexualism, it's a medical condition, not an identity. People are not "transsexuals" in the same way people with leprosy are not "lepers".

Stop using offensive language, if you want to be taken seriously.

Edit: (yawn) Transsexual women are women and transsexual men are men, so in that sense, yes they are men and women.

"transsexuals" is the equivalent of referring to people as "lepers", "cancers", "tumors", "downs" etc. A person is not defined by their medical condition. The way in which you refer to those born with transsexualism is dehumanising, and that is not polite. You don't govern what's "moral" or "polite". You either respect those involved or you choose not to, and you have chosen not to, which is why no one here takes you seriously. That and all of your so called logic is based on nothing but your opinion and general assumptions, not actual science nor literature.
Rafal

Return to Body Image and Self Esteem