Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!    Latest blog post: Yoga for Weight Loss

Advertisments:

Fiction Book Series 4 Books About A Flood/river. Monster Changes Into A Woman, Marries And Returns To River To Feed.

Fiction Book Series 4 Books About A Flood/river. Monster Changes Into A Woman, Marries And Returns To River To Feed.

Postby Cosgrove » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:01 pm

The town is flooded by the river and then the monster transforms into a woman and marries, has children and periodically returns to the river to feed. In the last book, the river floods again and she returns to it.
Cosgrove

Postby Marcello » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:12 am

Dragon's Keep Nonstop action may keep readers glued to this page-turner, but strong writing and character development are what will make it linger in their memories long after they've finished it. Princess Rosalind Pendragon is meant to fulfill a 600-year-old prophecy from Merlin that she will restore her family's good name and end a war. Rosalind was born with one dragon talon, which is a fearful secret known only to the teen and her mother. It is kept hidden by the golden gloves that Rosalind is never without, and over the years, the queen tries desperately to find a cure for the curse. When Rosalind reveals her claw to Lord Faul, a dragon that has been terrorizing the island, her destiny is set in motion. Taken by him to be nursemaid to his motherless children, she learns of her dragon blood and of her mother's treachery. Rosalind and the dragons are bound together in a complex relationship that, in the end, helps her fulfill the prophecy. Her heroic journey comes full circle, and she finds internal peace as well as peace for her people. While the story has roots in traditional fairy tales and legends, the author has crafted something new and magical, and unexpected plot twists will surprise readers throughout. Lord Faul and Rosalind, whose personality is a fantastic combination of Joan of Arc, Briar Rose, and Patricia Wrede's Princess Cimarron, develop so well as characters that readers will be touched by them. Devotees of fantasy adventure stories will certainly find treasure here.?Cheri Dobbs, Detroit Country Day Middle School, Beverly Hills, MI Sources: http://www.amazon.com/Dragons-Keep-Janet-Lee-Carey/dp/015206401X/ref=pd_sim_b_4 Alpine 60 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Marcello

Postby Duck-Hwan » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:58 am

I believe you might be looking for Michael McDowell's Blackwater series! There are 6 books instead of 4, but I think it just might be it.   artspin 45 months ago
Duck-Hwan

Postby Rygeland » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:31 am

Our fellow Askvillers may have. Good luck!
Rygeland

Postby Ulfred » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:19 am

Nonstop action may keep readers glued to this page-turner, but strong writing and character development are what will make it linger in their memories long after they've finished it. Princess Rosalind Pendragon is meant to fulfill a 600-year-old prophecy from Merlin that she will restore her family's good name and end a war. Rosalind was born with one dragon talon, which is a fearful secret known only to the teen and her mother. It is kept hidden by the golden gloves that Rosalind is never without, and over the years, the queen tries desperately to find a cure for the curse. When Rosalind reveals her claw to Lord Faul, a dragon that has been terrorizing the island, her destiny is set in motion. Taken by him to be nursemaid to his motherless children, she learns of her dragon blood and of her mother's treachery. Rosalind and the dragons are bound together in a complex relationship that, in the end, helps her fulfill the prophecy. Her heroic journey comes full circle, and she finds internal peace as well as peace for her people. While the story has roots in traditional fairy tales and legends, the author has crafted something new and magical, and unexpected plot twists will surprise readers throughout. Lord Faul and Rosalind, whose personality is a fantastic combination of Joan of Arc, Briar Rose, and Patricia Wrede's Princess Cimarron, develop so well as characters that readers will be touched by them. Devotees of fantasy adventure stories will certainly find treasure here.?Cheri Dobbs, Detroit Country Day Middle School, Beverly Hills, MI
Ulfred

Postby Kipp » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:43 am

Are you thinking of a series that came out in the late '70's? If so, at least I've read them, but I can't think of the author or titles!!! Might be able to come up with them though, but not until I know its the right series.
Kipp

Postby Innes » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:36 pm

Sorry but I got no idea about this book. Our fellow Askvillers may have. Good luck! Sources: seach to no avail carlosdanilo 60 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Innes

Postby Montgomery » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:07 pm

OldHippieHatesNewAV said: 1 Are you thinking of a series that came out in the late '70's? If so, at least I've read them, but I can't think of the author or titles!!! Might be able to come up with them though, but not until I know its the right series. 60 months ago
Montgomery

Return to Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle