Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

EATING DISORDER help please?

Postby gwallawg59 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:34 am

Hey guys, thanks for reading this

So for a while I wasn't eating hardly anything for coping purposes and body image issues. I had about 200 calories a day, and I ran nearly every day. Lost my period, it's back now, hair was so unhealthy, skin began kind of flaking and peeling.

(Thank the Lord) I realized how messed up that was, so I'm trying to eat normal now. But in a normal day with me trying hard and eating three full meals my calories are only about 800 calories.
I know I should I eat pasta, guacamole, peanut butter, and nut spreads.
But the thing is you can only eat pasta so often, and I don't really like peanut butter that much.
I know I need to gain a little ( I'm 108 and 5'7", 16 yr-o), but since I've tried eating more, I've lost two pounds. ??.
And I'm struggling with a desire for recovery, the only thing that's keeping me eating regularly, are my friends who hold me accountable to it, and my walk with God.
Otherwise, I really, really don't want to eat and I feel like fatty.
What to do? Thanks
gwallawg59

Postby macdhubh » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:37 am

Well, since anorexia is a mental issue and no one knows why it happens, you should pray about it, alot, and try really hard to eat. If u don't gain more weight you will have some major health issues later in life. Think about how the other girls look. Then think about how you look. Ask one of them to measure their waist. Then measure yours. See how much of a difference? No matter how fat you think you look, it's just your head playing games. It's an illusion. If the skinny girls in your grade have a waist of around 35" (just guessing) and your waist is 29" (again, guessing, using that as only a comparison) then you are definitely not fat. Just try to eat everything you can like any other teenager : ) continue to pray about it. Ask others to pray about it.
macdhubh

Postby frederic73 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:45 am

I know it is really hard for you. Anorexia is a complex disorder. It will be very hard for you to recover on your own so talk to someone: a parent, friend, or guidance counselor.

Good luck!
frederic73

Postby hoireabard » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:51 am

go get help in recovery! go to a doctor and tell them about your conditions! pleaaaase do this for your health! if you want to walk with God in a whole mind please get help with your mental self issue! im bipolar and really, getting help is the first step, and you need support, and it looks like your scared to tell family but its ok, your family should feel for you. since you have an eating disorder, it makes you think you dont want to and need to eat but in reality you do reaaally need to eat! so please, make the next logical sense in going to the doctors to get help! may God help you in this condition!
hoireabard

Return to Body Image and Self Esteem