Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Does Weight Watchers Work?

Postby Amdt » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:07 pm

Hello everyone.

I have a question regarding Weight Watchers and the Weight Watchers online program. Do they work?

I am a woman in my mid 30s and am borderline obese. I am currently taking medications which cause me to crave sweets and cause me to feel hungry when ordinarily I'm not hungry. I've been taking these medications for a while and they and the fact that I've been going out to eat and haven't been exercising are the principal causes of my obesity.

I've been trying to lose weight on my own to no avail. If I pay to join Weight Watchers will it help me? Will I have to be a lifelong member in order to see significant long term results?
Amdt

Postby Caio » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:09 pm

Not to say weight watcher doesn't work because for some people counting calories and weighing in in front of someone works for them to motivate them. But in my opinion you have to decide what works for you. Don't follow just some popular diet unless you know you will stick with it. You have to be serious about dieting either way, but I tried weight watchers twice and it wasn't for me. Once in and once online. I was also on meds causing me to gain weight all the time, makes it a lot harder too. I was severely obese and chose my own diet, cutting back on everything and just some things that worked for me. If you feel like being in a program is the only way, then go for it! Choose the right one though with the kind of diet that works for you. I lost 110 pounds on "my" diet :) good luck!
Caio

Postby Garred » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:18 pm

I can only say it does work. However, if you stop being on it, you'll gain the weight back. I've just done my own thing years ago. As little carbs. as possible and no sugar. I don't work out however I take a 20 minute brisk walk in the morning and in the evening.

The weight comes off slowly, but that is what you want. If it comes off fast, be sure it'll come back. I've been eating healthy and am exactly the weight I want to be. I do have 1 pastry treat each weekend, and it surprising how much a person enjoys it!! >3
Garred

Return to Weight Watchers Diet