Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Does this sound like early depression?

Depression making it hard to lose weight?

Postby worrell » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:34 am

This is going to be a little long, sorry in advance.

So I've been feeling really off since the summer, I'm not quite sure whats wrong with me. I put on some weight over the summer, but now I'm skipping meals and eating really small portions. I'm in grade 12, and it should be crunch time for me in school. Last year I tried so hard to get on the honor roll. Now I just... don't care. I have no motivation to pay attention or do any homework. In fact, I'm supposed to be working on a seminar for history right now (I'm on here instead) and I've barely started and it's due on Wednesday. I used to love art class. I can't even finish anything for art. I snap at my art teachers, who were once like my best friends. I go to sleep at 1AM and wake up at 6, and I usually wake up randomly around 3.

All I want to do now is sit on the computer, draw in my sketchbook and listen to music. It's like I'm watching myself from outside my body do all this, and I'm pissed off at myself and I want to stop, but I just can't control it. No matter how badly I want to pay attention and do my work, I just get distracted 5 minutes into it.

I don't have very many friends anymore. I've managed to completely shatter the heart of the last guy I dated, because I told him I am unsure about my sexuality. My best friend lives three hours away and I haven't seen her in a year, and talked to her even less. I don't know, ugh. I looked at the symptoms on this site http://www.depression-help-resource.com/signs-of-depression.htm and a few others, and I match all of the symptoms. Do I sound like I'm getting depressed to you guys? ...What should I do?
worrell

Postby osborne » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:36 am

I'm not sure if it's depression. But I know I am going through a similar phase. I used to care but now I don't and get distracted and what not. Your story is exactly like mine. What I did to cope with being distracted from the computer was get grounded from it and I swear I was addicted to FB and twitter and YouTube. But I haven't been on the computer in like 3 months. And I'm fine. As for school, think strongly about your future. I'm only in 10th grade, but oh well. I also made new friends. The friends I had usually didnt care like me, but my new ones are caring. I would suggest getting into extra curricular activites. It's fun. (: hope all goes well.
osborne

Return to Depression & Weight Loss