Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Does The Diet Industry Only Targets Women Or Men Or Both?

General Weight Loss Program Discussion

Postby Roch » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:21 am

I know this is not my imagination but why do I mostly see women doing ads and commercials for diet pills, weight loss programs, and light, low-fat products?

Every time I see a tv commercial about diets, diet supplements, lap bands, and plastic surgery, I hardly see any men doing any of these types of ads and commercials. It looks like we women were designed to not have an appetite. Even in magazines and on tv I see women in ads that equal hunger and food with "guilt" or "sin."

So does the diet industry only targets men or women? Or both? If so why?

Or is it because we women were design to attract the opposite sex?

Because as summer approaches, we women are supposed to wear bikinis and so bikinis require a thin body, because wearing skimpy clothing and bikinis require a thin body and that we have to dress like that to attract guys? I know they are not gonna be attracted to a starving Ethiopian and neither to a morbidly obese woman, but why does this happen?
Roch

Postby Wendel » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:24 am

First it's going to be useful which you will understand that well-being promotion and marketing/promotion that focus on women human beings, "isn't" only concentrated on women human beings. there is an extremely actual psychology regarding men that surrounds one among those hawking.
Wendel

Postby Arik » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:28 am

make like a fish and swim at a leisurely pace for 17 minutes
Arik

Postby Stanwick » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:29 am

Women are constantly fighting the "battle of the bulge." It's kind of like being insecure about your image. Let's face it women basically compete with each other on looks and looks are therefore of primary importance to them.

I knew a girl once who couldn't have a scale in her home because she had some obsessive problem over weight. Mind you she wasn't even overweight! She was petite/slender.

Not to say that men aren't concerned about their looks. Every guy wants to pretty much look muscular or "cut" (because we want to wear "wife beaters" lol).
However we don't obsess about it as much. We join a gym and what we get out of it is up to our own motivations.
Stanwick

Postby Hahnee » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:30 am

Women want to look thin to attract men, because men are visual creatures.

Men are not targeted nearly as much for weight loss because women are not too particular about how nice a guy's body looks.

Ergo, they should be working on a pill to make guys into gentlemen who are fun and respectful.
Hahnee

Postby Angelino » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:36 am

2 hour walk at a moderate pace
Angelino

Postby Renard » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:38 am

Women and women only, its because women won't stop reading those damn brainwashing magazines and want to be skinny and starve themselves.
Renard

Postby shou26 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:46 am

Since women are the prettier gender, the pressure will always be put on them to either lose weight in order to participate in numerous pageants (just ask donald trump) and to be a size two if they want to succeed as a model. I do watch daytime tv and all I see is women that has issues with dieting, dating, not bein attracted enough for men and...which bra size suits best for my body. Like I said before, tv has now catered to women's issues 24/7 while men-I guess choose to suffer in silence since the media and society couldn't care less.
shou26

Postby Dickons » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:52 am

No now it targets both Larry the cable guy even bought into it lol. (nutra system) But I see people of all sizes wearing bikinis. Even a pregnant girl was wearing one and it actually look ok on her even the chubby ones I found because they had the legs to do it. The only people it really grossed me out to see wearing a bikini was old women.
Dickons

Postby Wyman » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:01 am

Mostly women only but I have seen some adds on tv that also targeted men as well .

??£?Ð???
Wyman

Next

Return to Weight Loss Programs