Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Does La Weight Loss Really Work?

General Weight Loss Program Discussion

Postby Anyon » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:39 pm

I used LAWL successfully three years ago to lose about 40 lbs.
I will say the program works, but it's not anything you can't do on your own.
They do want you to buy tons of product and they tend to wait to tell you about that part until your signed up and haved done their cleanse.
Here are the expectations:

1) You are supposed to weigh in 3x per week.

2) You are encouraged to take their supplements, which are expensive.
I did buy their multivitamin and calcium, but I did not buy any of their other supplements.
I bought these because I thought they were a good product.

3) You are given an eating plan depending on how much weight you want to lose.
There is nothing magical about the plan other than it is a good, well balanced plan.
Most of them call for 1 starch, 2 proteins, 3 veggies, 3 fruits, 1 dairy, 1 fat,+ 2 LA Lites (see #4), and at least 64 oz of water per day.
The plan varies somewhat, but mostly the portion sizes are what changes.

4) The LA Lites are expensive as you are typically buying them in bulk.
They are a protein bar and that's it.
With that being said, I priced what you pay per box of LA Lites vs a box of South Beach, Slim Fast, & Zone Bars, and the Lites are not anymore expensive.
They want you to buy these upfront to last you the whole lenght of time you're on a plan that will require the bars.
I did, and was ready to gag after about 2 months of eating them 2x per day.
They have other Lite choices besides the bars, but I think the cost is the same.
As far as them requiring the bars, I think you can do the plan without the bars, however, you won't be eligible for the money back guaranty.

5) When you go in 3x per week, you see a "counselor." I will say that there are one or two really knowledgable, informed people at the LAWL in my area, however, the remainder of them have turned over so fast, they don't know much of anything.
I know the plan better than most of them do.

In short, the plan will work, but you will spend some $$$ losing your weight.
I did well with the program, and I have a friend that lost about 70 lbs of baby weight with it, so it does work and there is alot of flexibility in the plan (you can have restuarant pizza once a week, there are tons of frozen selections, etc).
However, there are some drawbacks to it as well.
Hope this helps.

PS.
I went back and read the link the previous answerer posted and alot of the information is consistent with my experience, BUT I will say I was never preyed on emotionally for them to make a sale.
What I did find interesting is the number of people who replied with positive things to say about LAWL.
Anyon

Postby Meirion » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:40 pm

Portion size is very important even for foods that are good for you
Meirion

Postby Lugaidh » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:41 pm

Lugaidh

Postby Bat » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:45 pm

Lose Weight with Foods!
Bat

Postby Sadiq » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:48 pm

I would suggest a cleansing diet. I lost 12 pounds in 9 days and then 28 pounds in less than a month. I also lost a lot of inches too! I learned that cleansing will help the body get rid of impurities.
Impurities come from a lot of things like fast food, pollution, food additives and preservatives and lots of other things.
The impurities get stored in the fat in our body.
To get rid of the fat, we have to get rid of the impurities by cleansing the body.
This made sense to me and I decided to try a cleanse program and it worked.
The weight came off fast and this kept me motivated to keep going, not like other diets where the weight loss it too slow. I did Jenny Craig, Weight Watcher and Medifast.
If you want to learn more call the toll free number 1-877-587-4647 or check out the website.
This was the first time I ever did a cleanse, it was easy and I feel better.
Good luck whatever you decide to do! http://diet4cleansing.com
Sadiq

Postby darcell18 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:50 pm

I've tried many diets and couldn't make anything work. Since having my first child, I've been carrying around an extra 30 pounds. This diet just made sense and showed me that everything I was doing before was wrong and a waste of my time.

The plan was so refreshing and so simple to follow. I did everything plan said and lost 23 pounds in the first three weeks. I'm now starting the diet again to lose 7 more pounds. This plan has changed my life.

Get started today!
darcell18

Postby Achilleas » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:54 pm

Set your personal machine alarm to ring hourly?stand upwards for 1 to 5 minutes whenever it goes off.
Achilleas

Postby Jager » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:57 pm

I've heard it's a scam. Basically you go in there, fill out a personal questionaire, and pay up. When you go back, they try to sell you everything they can. They're motto is "If they cry, they will buy". I read this article because I was thinking about going to them too:

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=2877644&page=1
Jager

Postby Kasen » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:02 pm

La Weight Loss
Kasen

Postby Paxtun » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:49 pm

Teach your kids your preferred sport (or have them teach you theirs).
Paxtun

Return to Weight Loss Programs