Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Does Anyone Have Any Good Or Bad Comments About The Lap Band Surgery??????

Discuss Lap Band Surgery

Postby Onslow » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:08 am

I've had the Lap Band for about one year now.

The good is that it has helped me lose about 50 pounds in the 11 months since my surgery.
I have seen a dramatic improvement in my mobility and ability to move.
I used to get short of breath just walking out to my car in the parking lot, and now I have so much more energy, that I amaze myself to think what it used to be like.

Good- Allows you to feel satisfied with a small amount of food.
If you ever told me I could feel full with half of a sandwich or half of a chicken breast, I would have called you crazy.
But that's how it works, you feel full with eating a small amount of food, so you keep your calories low and lose weight.
Also, I lost the hunger cravings after my Lap Band surgery so I don't snack anymore.

Bad- I really don't have anything negative to say other than it's not an easy fix, and you have to work with your Band to lose weight.
You have to eat properly and exercise, but the Lap Band really changes your relationship with food.

I'm a happy Arkansas Lap Band patient, who had mine done by Dr. Ron Hekier.
See his website at http://www.noscales.com

A lot of us have a thread on http://www.lapbandtalk.com .
I post on the Texas forum,on the Texarkana patient thread , even though I live in Arkansas and consider myself a Arkansas Lap Band mommy! Seems like the patients from Texas post more than the Arkansas ones.
Onslow

Postby MacGillivray » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:09 am

Unlike Gastric by-pass, it is reversible. It is a very quick way of getting your weight under control, however you risk getting stones from such rapid weight loss. also, there is the loose stretched out skin that WILL be left over, again from rapid weight loss. Just remember, even with the band, you can gain it all back. Unless you learn to live healthy, it will be for nothing.

Good luck.
MacGillivray

Postby delaney » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:14 am

A lap band or adjustable gastric banding is a restrictive operation that decreases food intake, usually by decreasing the size of the stomach. The other type of surgery to reduce weight is a malabsorptive operation such as a Roux-en-Y gastric bypass or a biliopancreatic diversion that restricts food intake and decreases the digestion and absorption of food.

Here's what I came across while searching the web for lap band: http://healthbase.wordpress.com/tag/obesityinamericaorg

Finally, don't listen to those who tell you it doesn't work. If it hadn't been working, it would no longer be in practice.

Good luck!!
delaney

Return to Lap Band Surgery