Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!    Latest blog post: Yoga for Weight Loss

Advertisments:

Do You Have A Recipe For A Chocolate Chip Cookie That Fits Onto A Pizza Pan?

Healthy Recipes for Weight Loss

Postby Moreley » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:57 am

I have a box and pizza pan sized aluminum foil pans and a box that says "Colossal Cookie" from the Currant Company. I can't find the recipe for this very large chocolate chip cookie to fit the pizza pan. I must have the box but lost the recipe I used to make. Does anyone have a recipe that would fit this description? HELP I need it for a birthday very soon.
Moreley

Postby Delray » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:26 am

Yep-the trick is to use chocolate chip muffin mix as the dry base Use 2 pkgs of chocolate chip muffin mix(like Martha White brand) add 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, and mix with a fork.  Add 6 Tbsp. melted and cooled butter, a beaten egg, and a teaspoon of vanilla and stir until well-blended. Add nuts, if desired.  Spread batter into greased pizza pan and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.  I use about a cup of extra chips, pressed into the top before baking-it is chocolate-ier and makes a prettier presentation. Spray the pizza cutter with non-stick spray before cutting into wedges. oldbooks 82 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Delray

Postby Rowell » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:28 am

I've made "Colossal Cookies" several times! I simply use my regular chocolate chip cookie recipe, and spread it in the pizza pan, rather than dropping it by the spoonful on a cookie sheet. Keep a close eye on it in the oven, since the cooking time will be a bit longer than normal cookies. Here's my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe:Bakery Style Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies 2 cups all-purpose flour2 tablespoons all-purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled until warm 1 cup packed brown sugar(light or dark)1/2 cup granulated sugar 1 large egg 1 large egg yolk, from a large egg 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips(semi-sweet, milk chocolate or any combination)1. Pre-heat oven to 325°F.2. Mix flour, baking powder & salt in a bowl or bag and set aside.3. Mix butter and sugars with with a mixer until blended and smooth, add egg, yolk & vanilla.4. Mix until incorporated.5. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined.6. Stir in chips.7. Bake! Bake drop-style cookies for about 15 minutes, but if you're making the Colossal Cookie, bake for about 18-20. Keep a close eye on it!
Rowell

Postby Ardley » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:32 pm

I too have a reusable round(pizza size) pan, that I like to make a giant cookie in. I use my butterscotch blondies recipe in it. You can use choc. chips instead. Which I have done too. They are a little bit softer than a cookie ~ but real YUMMY!   Butterscotch Blondies :   3/4 cup butter ~ softened 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar 1/2 cup sugar 2 eggs 2 cups flour 1 tsp baking soda 1 tsp salt 1 2/3 cups Butterscotch Chips ~ or Chocolate Chips 1 cup of nuts(optional)     Heat oven ~ 350'        Grease pan.   Beat butter, brown sugar & sugar. Add eggs. Stir together all dry ingredients and add to wet mixture, mix well. Stir in chips. Spread into pan Bake 30-35 minutes(this is for brownies) you will need to judge the time for a pizza size pan.   I hope this helps. I have never seen a crumb left when I make these. Good luck!      
Ardley

Postby Burhtun » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:48 pm

I make one giant choc. chip cookie........ I too have a reusable round(pizza size) pan, that I like to make a giant cookie in. I use my butterscotch blondies recipe in it. You can use choc. chips instead. Which I have done too. They are a little bit softer than a cookie ~ but real YUMMY!   Butterscotch Blondies :   3/4 cup butter ~ softened 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar 1/2 cup sugar 2 eggs 2 cups flour 1 tsp baking soda 1 tsp salt 1 2/3 cups Butterscotch Chips ~ or Chocolate Chips 1 cup of nuts(optional)     Heat oven ~ 350'        Grease pan.   Beat butter, brown sugar & sugar. Add eggs. Stir together all dry ingredients and add to wet mixture, mix well. Stir in chips. Spread into pan Bake 30-35 minutes(this is for brownies) you will need to judge the time for a pizza size pan.   I hope this helps. I have never seen a crumb left when I make these. Good luck!       Sources: Best~Loved Cookies Cookbook my Mom gave me!   Mugsie!?'s Recommendations Best-Loved Cookies Amazon List Price: $24.95 Used from: $7.90 Average Customer Rating: 5.0 out of 5(based on 1 reviews) I love this cookbook! Mugsie!? 82 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Burhtun

Postby Deakin » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:34 pm

you can double your recipe and spread the dough thin and keep an eye on baking time it might not take as long to bake ceceone052006 82 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Deakin

Postby Garred » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:43 am

Use 2 pkgs of chocolate chip muffin mix(like Martha White brand) add 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, and mix with a fork.  Add 6 Tbsp. melted and cooled butter, a beaten egg, and a teaspoon of vanilla and stir until well-blended. Add nuts, if desired.  Spread batter into greased pizza pan and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.  I use about a cup of extra chips, pressed into the top before baking-it is chocolate-ier and makes a prettier presentation. Spray the pizza cutter with non-stick spray before cutting into wedges.
Garred

Postby Llyn » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:33 pm

Use any chocolate chip cookie recipe! I've made "Colossal Cookies" several times! I simply use my regular chocolate chip cookie recipe, and spread it in the pizza pan, rather than dropping it by the spoonful on a cookie sheet. Keep a close eye on it in the oven, since the cooking time will be a bit longer than normal cookies. Here's my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe:Bakery Style Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies 2 cups all-purpose flour2 tablespoons all-purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled until warm 1 cup packed brown sugar(light or dark)1/2 cup granulated sugar 1 large egg 1 large egg yolk, from a large egg 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips(semi-sweet, milk chocolate or any combination)1. Pre-heat oven to 325°F.2. Mix flour, baking powder & salt in a bowl or bag and set aside.3. Mix butter and sugars with with a mixer until blended and smooth, add egg, yolk & vanilla.4. Mix until incorporated.5. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined.6. Stir in chips.7. Bake! Bake drop-style cookies for about 15 minutes, but if you're making the Colossal Cookie, bake for about 18-20. Keep a close eye on it! Sources: My opinion. shaegirl 82 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Llyn

Postby Tuathal » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:29 pm

...plus a couple that I have made up for fun. Not all use pizza pans. I have a 12-inch, but still use it even if the recipe calls for a larger one. I just adjust the cooking time. Colossal Cookie:  Makes: 1-12" pizza 1-1/2 C. ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR 3/4 t. BAKING SODA 1/2t. SALT 1/2 C. BUTTER, SOFTENED 3/4 C. PACKED BROWN SUGAR 3 T. GRANULATED SUGAR 1 LARGE EGG 1-1/2 t. VANILLA 1 TO 1-1/4 C. SEMISWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS 1.  In a small bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In a large mixer bowl at medium speed, beat butter, brown sugar and sugar until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla. At low speed, gradually beat in flour mixture until blended. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips. Place dough in refrigerator for 1-1/2 hours or in freezer for 45 minutes. 2.  Grease a 12" round foil pan. Place dough in center and press evenly to within 1-1/2 " of edge. If desired, sprinkle 1/2 c. chocolate chips on top, pressing down lightly. For easier handling, place foil pan on a baking sheet. 3.  Bake in center of a preheated oven 325* for 30 to 35 minutes or until edges are firm and center feels slightly firm. For softer cookie, bake the minimum time. Place foil pan on wire rack and cool completely. 4.  When cool, remove cookie from pan and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Overwrap with foil to retain freshness. Store in a cool place. For a chewier cookie, use 1/4 c. light or dark corn syrup in place of the granulated sugar. Easy Colossal Cookie:   Makes:  12"  cookie 1-(16.5 OZ.) PILLSBURY CHOCOLATE CHIP REFRIGERATED COOKIE DOUGH DECORATING ICING CANDY SPRINKLES Preheat oven 350*. 1.  Break up dough and, with floured hands, press the dough evenly onto an ungreased 12" pan. 2.  Bake 20 minutes, or until golden brown. 3.  Remove from oven and cool completely, about 30 minutes. Decorate, if you wish. Now there are two cookie pizzas that I make. The first for the kids(which is not a chocolate chip, but a sugar cookie base), and the second for the adults. I usually find the adults taking some of the kid?s "pizza" and the kids taking some of the adult?s.  Pizza Cookie:  Makes: 12-14" cookie 11-OUNCE PACKAGE REFRIGERATED SUGAR COOKIE DOUGH 1/2 C. STRAWBERRY PRESERVES STRAWBERRY FRUIT JERKY, CUT INTO 1-INCH DIAMETER "PEPPERONI" ROUNDS 1/2 C. SHREDDED WHITE CHOCOLATE Preheat oven to 375*. 1.  Roll cookie dough into a ball. Roll ball out on a lightly floured surface into a 12 to 14" circle. 2.  Transfer circle to a baking sheet(or use your foil pizza pan) and bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown. 3.  Remove from oven and top with preserves, strawberry "pepperoni" and white chocolate. Fresh Fruit Pizza Cookie:   Makes: 14 inch pizza cookie 1 PKG.(20-OZ.) REFRIGERATED CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH 1 PKG.(8-OZ.) LIGHT CREAM CHEESE 1/3 C. SUGAR 1 t. VANILLA 1/2 FRESH PINEAPPLE, CUT INTO THIN WEDGES 2 KIWIFRUIT, PEELED AND SLICED 1 BANANA, PEELED AND SLICED 1/4 C. RASPBERRIES 1/4 C. APRICOT JAM, MELTED 1.  Press small pieces of cookie dough into a 14" pizza pan. Bake in a 350* oven for 12-15 minutes or until browned and puffed. Cool completely on wire rack. 2.  Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in medium bowl until blended. Spread over cooled cookie. 3.  Arrange pineapple around outer edge of cream cheese. 4.  Arrange kiwifruit, bananas and raspberries in flower pattern over pineapple. 5.  Brush with jam. I know you just wanted the plain chocolate chip cookie recipe, but I thought you might as well have these as well.  The last one is the one that I make most often. I keep it refrigerated and love it when I bring it out....The looks on people?s faces...And it is really good, too.       
Tuathal

Postby Dillus » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:49 pm

Here is the plain chocolate chip recipe, plus the quick one... ...plus a couple that I have made up for fun. Not all use pizza pans. I have a 12-inch, but still use it even if the recipe calls for a larger one. I just adjust the cooking time. Colossal Cookie:  Makes: 1-12" pizza 1-1/2 C. ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR 3/4 t. BAKING SODA 1/2t. SALT 1/2 C. BUTTER, SOFTENED 3/4 C. PACKED BROWN SUGAR 3 T. GRANULATED SUGAR 1 LARGE EGG 1-1/2 t. VANILLA 1 TO 1-1/4 C. SEMISWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS 1.  In a small bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In a large mixer bowl at medium speed, beat butter, brown sugar and sugar until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla. At low speed, gradually beat in flour mixture until blended. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips. Place dough in refrigerator for 1-1/2 hours or in freezer for 45 minutes. 2.  Grease a 12" round foil pan. Place dough in center and press evenly to within 1-1/2 " of edge. If desired, sprinkle 1/2 c. chocolate chips on top, pressing down lightly. For easier handling, place foil pan on a baking sheet. 3.  Bake in center of a preheated oven 325* for 30 to 35 minutes or until edges are firm and center feels slightly firm. For softer cookie, bake the minimum time. Place foil pan on wire rack and cool completely. 4.  When cool, remove cookie from pan and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Overwrap with foil to retain freshness. Store in a cool place. For a chewier cookie, use 1/4 c. light or dark corn syrup in place of the granulated sugar. Easy Colossal Cookie:   Makes:  12"  cookie 1-(16.5 OZ.) PILLSBURY CHOCOLATE CHIP REFRIGERATED COOKIE DOUGH DECORATING ICING CANDY SPRINKLES Preheat oven 350*. 1.  Break up dough and, with floured hands, press the dough evenly onto an ungreased 12" pan. 2.  Bake 20 minutes, or until golden brown. 3.  Remove from oven and cool completely, about 30 minutes. Decorate, if you wish. Now there are two cookie pizzas that I make. The first for the kids(which is not a chocolate chip, but a sugar cookie base), and the second for the adults. I usually find the adults taking some of the kid?s "pizza" and the kids taking some of the adult?s.  Pizza Cookie:  Makes: 12-14" cookie 11-OUNCE PACKAGE REFRIGERATED SUGAR COOKIE DOUGH 1/2 C. STRAWBERRY PRESERVES STRAWBERRY FRUIT JERKY, CUT INTO 1-INCH DIAMETER "PEPPERONI" ROUNDS 1/2 C. SHREDDED WHITE CHOCOLATE Preheat oven to 375*. 1.  Roll cookie dough into a ball. Roll ball out on a lightly floured surface into a 12 to 14" circle. 2.  Transfer circle to a baking sheet(or use your foil pizza pan) and bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown. 3.  Remove from oven and top with preserves, strawberry "pepperoni" and white chocolate. Fresh Fruit Pizza Cookie:   Makes: 14 inch pizza cookie 1 PKG.(20-OZ.) REFRIGERATED CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH 1 PKG.(8-OZ.) LIGHT CREAM CHEESE 1/3 C. SUGAR 1 t. VANILLA 1/2 FRESH PINEAPPLE, CUT INTO THIN WEDGES 2 KIWIFRUIT, PEELED AND SLICED 1 BANANA, PEELED AND SLICED 1/4 C. RASPBERRIES 1/4 C. APRICOT JAM, MELTED 1.  Press small pieces of cookie dough into a 14" pizza pan. Bake in a 350* oven for 12-15 minutes or until browned and puffed. Cool completely on wire rack. 2.  Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in medium bowl until blended. Spread over cooled cookie. 3.  Arrange pineapple around outer edge of cream cheese. 4.  Arrange kiwifruit, bananas and raspberries in flower pattern over pineapple. 5.  Brush with jam. I know you just wanted the plain chocolate chip cookie recipe, but I thought you might as well have these as well.  The last one is the one that I make most often. I keep it refrigerated and love it when I bring it out....The looks on people?s faces...And it is really good, too.        Sources: cooks.com, pillsbury(my recipe box),foodnetwork.com, recipesource.com HEIDI5522 82 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Dillus

Return to Weight Loss Recipes