Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!    Latest blog post: Yoga for Weight Loss

Advertisments:

Depression On Low-carb Diet?

Depression making it hard to lose weight?

Postby Wethrby » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:54 am

this is only the 4th day iv been on the low carb diet, and iv started to get very bad headaches, feeling panicky, and feeling really down all the time; especially today. I keep crying for no reason at all and i feel REALLY depressed.

Anyway my mum said it was probably the diet, so i googled it and it says that lots of people do get things like this on the diet (when their carb intake is under 40g)

Well... iv only had 3g today. I know thats a bit too far, but im just sick of my weight, and il stop rambling now because im in a **** enough mood as it is.

Anyone gone through anything similar or knows what to do? :(

cheers xx
Wethrby

Postby Abejide » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:55 am

low carb diets seem to work well for elderly people who are not active. they are not very good for anyone who is active. they deplete energy levels severely, as complex carbs are where energy comes from when you eat. a low fat diet would be a better choice.
Abejide

Postby Thomkins » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:56 am

I've been a low carber for about 8 yrs now and it sounds as htough your body is kicking out all the toxins and carbs as well as sugar and other stimulants you have been used to on a carb diet.
3 grams is VERY low - you need to seriously UP your carb intake to 20grams in the form of green leafy veg or salad as well as increase your intake of pure fat to get you into ketosis....

if you start to feel panicky and depressed go for a fast walk around the block - it'll clear your head and get you moving too....activity is really important,....but get the book and follow it exactly.
If you dont consume enough of the right carbs in induction your body will react like this......good luck and stick with it if you can - if you cant - try the dukan diet
Thomkins

Return to Depression & Weight Loss