Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Depression? Anyone Have Some Advice?

Depression making it hard to lose weight?

Postby Brodey » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:20 am

I don't think I have severe depression or anything, I just feel kind of icky about myself.

The past two months I've just been down. About my weight, my looks, everything. I mean I don't think I'm entirely ugly, but I sure as heII don't think I'm gorgeous.

I've been a bit locked up lately, I bought a new laptop and I've pretty much been hiding away on it. I've been to the mall a few times, but it's nothing like it used to be.

Does anyone have any advice as to what I should do? Don't just tell me to go and get a life or whatever, because that's not it.. ugh I don't know what to say really. I just feel pretty much terrible about myself. :L
Brodey

Postby Mitch » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:21 am

Go for a walk while listening to some uplifting music:) it works for meeeee
Mitch

Postby Tupac » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:22 am

I am also going through that phase of life. Overweight, career, etc. But I am trying to be happy. I am trying it hard keeping in mind that my future is important. I would love to get a mail from you.

[email protected]
Tupac

Postby benton » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:23 am

Improve your diet.
get more exercise.
benton

Postby Beadutun » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:26 am

I know how you feel. Its not severe depression in your case, but I think self esteem might be playing a part.... Sounds like you just need time to yourself, keep making an effort to go out with friends and do your old stuff. I fell into the trap of ignoring everything and now im trapped in the house because I cant get out even when I want to coz I dont feel secure.

I look in the mirror and often hate what I see, yet I know there are several canny guys who fancy me lol. Its the only thing that stops me feeling too bad. We all go through it at some time or other. Best you can do is relax, take time to yourself and have fun. As long as your comfortable then there isnt really a problem. I'm sure you'll be back to normal soon.

Has anything been bothering you lately? Any stressful situations? Coz at the moment I feel the same as you and its because of a recent breakup with my partner causing me stress. So maybe without you realising it, something is bothering you inside.

Good luck
Beadutun

Postby Herman » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:28 am

Go to the dr now, and get help.
Better now, than by the time

you get too deep in.
Herman

Postby Kyledyr » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:34 am

You've got to stop comparing your behind-the-scenes footage with other people's highlight reel!

God doesn't make mistakes, trust that you were born for great things.

and btw, beauty is not an absolute concept, rather a social construct. That is to say beauty in an isolated African village is entirely different to hollywood's definition of beauty.
Kyledyr

Postby Hugh » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:38 am

try and talk to someone not online but in real life face to face, or if thats too hard over the phone start talking to friends, then slowly you'll go out more, then you'll realise you love being out, every morning look at yourself in the mirror and say damn i look good today, i'm going to have a awesome day, don't have negative thoughts when you look into that mirror, eat healthier, fresh foods, avoid fried fatty foods, exercise regularly get fresh air, go for a walk, whatever. Treat yourself to things you like! honestly its different for everyone find what you love and start doing it! it will help you feel better about yourself, just give it time, its just a phase, and please don't do anything you will regret!
Hugh

Return to Depression & Weight Loss