Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Depressed. how do i come out of this?

Depression making it hard to lose weight?

Postby storm » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:02 pm

im losing alot of weight, i always just lay in bed, i sleep alot, im never hungry..

and i just feel really horrible, i honestly cant afford a doctor.

any tips or suggestions? has anyone been in major depression?
thanks
storm

Postby torre » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:17 pm

When I feel depressive, prayer helps me a lot. God is the one person that I know for sure cares about me and the things I am going through. "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of tender mercies and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those in any sort of tribulation through the comfort with which we ourselves are being comforted by God." (2 Corinthians 1:3, 4) I won't pretend to know what you are going through, but God knows all the details of it and he can make it clear what you should do.

Also, my favorite scripture is very comforting. It says, "Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not gaze about, for I am your God. I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness." (Isaiah 41:10)

For information about help for depression, please read the following article, and check out the supplementary articles on the left side of the page: http://www.watchtower.org/e/200907/article_01.htm
torre

Postby haefen17 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:19 pm

You come out of depression by coming into the present moment and staying there. Stop letting your mind use you by going back in time or going into the future. Don't let your mind or this crazy world have you believe that you are your thoughts. You are not your thoughts. You are the essence of consciousness and you need to get yourself into the present moment or you will continue to create pain and suffer. The only way to do that is to get into the "Now" moment.
If you have a problem getting into the "Now" moment you can do conscious breathing. Just breath and watch your diaphragm inflate with air and watch it deflate as you let the air out. This will put you into this present moment. While you are experiencing this present moment, notice how much inner joy you feel. Notice how your mind becomes still...
Now, notice how your mind again starts to fill up with past and present thoughts as it takes you right out of this "Now" moment. Your thoughts will do anything to keep their identity. Terrible thoughts . The worst thoughts ever. It doesn't matter to your mind. In order to restore it's identity it will try anything. Thoughts that would send a lot of people into a mental hospital. If you are tired of these thoughts controlling how you feel, bring yourself back into the present moment and rise above thoughts. Use your mind instead of it using you.
Most people are shocked when they learn for the first time that there is an energy in them that only wants to create unhappiness. It's soul purpose is to create unhappiness. It can't get enough unhappiness. This energy is called the Pain Body. The pain body can lie dormant for days, weeks, months, even years, but when something triggers it , it is relentless and will create the most shocking , sad, depressing thoughts that you have the ability to think of. There is a way to bring yourself out of this and you don't have to wait. Get into the present moment. Have intense presence and recognize this pain body for what it is. An energy that only wants unhappiness. Then you will become the watcher of your thoughts and instead of your mind using you, you will use your mind. The way to do this is to get into the present moment. What ever it takes, stay in this present moment.
Getting into the present moment for just a few seconds( at first) and becoming who you really are ( not your thoughts), you'll see the joy of the present moment and you will begin to become aware of the inner peace and be who you really are, The Essence of Consciousness ! Then you will see the world differently and realize that all true joy, love and happiness is in this present moment. You will see that you are not your thoughts. You will become the watcher of your thoughts.
As each day comes around you will become more and more aware. Just those few seconds are enough to start you on the journey of your life. You will learn how to create "thought gaps" to keep you in the present moment. You'll find out your real inner purpose. Each day you will have more and more awareness until it is just second nature to you. When you are in the present moment you will see true happiness. You will learn how to accept things that can't be changed. You will know that the only way to accept things is to get into this present moment. You will still have resistance from your mind but as you become more and more aware you will stay in the present moment longer and longer each day.
The next relationship you have will be a total change or the present relationship will have new meaning. You'll already be happy in this "now' moment as you go into a new relationship or keep the one you have as it will blossom with your new awareness. Your new job will be something that your inner purpose took you into and you will create original things as your "true awareness" shines for the world to see. All the friends who were" to busy" will wonder in amazement as you reach new heights within yourself and in your new circle of friends.
You will know that this moment is all there is and there will always just be "this moment"...
haefen17

Postby ring » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:24 pm

everybody has there own ways i personally find that coffe helps , i also started rapping after my first major depression in 11th grade that really helped my self esteem . music has power noone can explain but everyone has there own ambitions, find something u really aspired to be ur whole life and become it nomatter what it takes , theres always a way to do that no matter how high your doubts are . i never though ide be a good rapper but i studied the legends and learned from them now im as good as them , my whole school looked up to me as a god afterwards . wheather its rap writng books , sports or whatever , start setting goals for what u want in like and stop drowning in ur own sorrow NOONES GUNNA SAVE U , ONLY U CAN DO THAT as soon as u relize that the road to recovery starts. speaking of recovery the eminem album recovery will help to . idk if ur a rap fan if not nirvana will help , but if u like pop idk what to tell u cuz that **** sucks when ur depressed
ring

Postby rickey » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:43 pm

Oh, that's sad to hear. The feeling of loneliness is really horrible. Come I give you a virtual hug. -:)
Perhaps you want to get yourself a cat or a little dog. A friend of mine went through the same thing, feeling incredibly lonely after a break up and job loss. She went to an animal shelter and has now two little dogs and says that she feels much better. I really hope you feel better soon. Hugs again. -:)
rickey

Postby cartwright » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:47 pm

I am not a professional, But I think you should search for what is making you depressed, and kick it out f your life. It might be a friend or anything, Just kick it out . Maybe you will feel better .
Also,Talking to your best friend, or someone who is very close to you, might help you as well.
cartwright

Postby eallard » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:49 pm

usually an evening walk would help, try to avoid the reason why you felt horrible, hang out with friends could help a bit, you should eat according to time (breakfast, lunch, dinner) even when you're not hungry
eallard

Postby avishai71 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:54 pm

There has to be something that brightens your day! Find out what makes you really happy and then do it!
avishai71

Postby wynton » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:07 pm

Are you still in the bad relationship? Or are you holding on to something that's over?
wynton

Return to Depression & Weight Loss