Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Crazy dreams, so confused!?

Postby blais » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:34 am

Okay, this is probably going to sound very crazy. But try to keep an open mind people, it freaks me out too!

I've always had very vivid dreams. Ranging from family to relationships to school. Shockingly, I would dream of these things for a week or two and then what I was dreaming would happen. And I don't mean getting an A on a mat test, or a guy I like asking me out. I mean I was dreaming of car crashes and accidents and then a man was hit and his body parts were spread across our town. I had a dream my mother had a heart attack, waking up hysterically crying in the middle of the night and I couldn't breath. I called, and she was already in the ambulance on her way to the ER. While going for a ride one night with my fiance, I was suddenly short of breath. I seen images flash before my eyes. A transport side swiping a car from the passenger side, close to train tracks. That night when my fiance whent to work, a man came in and told him this had happened that night. For about two weeks I was having nightmares about misscarrige (at the time we had just found out we are expecting) and I was horrified. A few days later, my niece misscarried her pregnancy.

As you can imagine, these dreams are driving me absolutely insane. I don't want to have them, I don't want to worry about them coming true. But the last year with my fiance I have been having dreams about him cheating on me atleats once a week. I love him, I know i'm going to spend the rest of my life with him. And he has never given me any reason to think he would ever want anyone else. But I can't help but get worked up about these dreams! Of course I have mentioned them to him, and he just laughs and says of course he wouldn't cheat on me. He doesn't seem to understand how frequently my dreams are invaded and I wake up crying thinking he wants someone else.

I guess my main question is, am I crazy for being worried? I know some of you are probably going to have your stupid opinions, and honestly, if you don't have anything helpful to say, don't say it. But it would be great to know if someone could relate to whats going on in my dreams!
blais

Postby bentlie » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:42 am

Okay, this is probably going to sound very crazy. But try to keep an open mind people, it freaks me out too!

I've always had very vivid dreams. Ranging from family to relationships to school. Shockingly, I would dream of these things for a week or two and then what I was dreaming would happen. And I don't mean getting an A on a mat test, or a guy I like asking me out. I mean I was dreaming of car crashes and accidents and then a man was hit and his body parts were spread across our town. I had a dream my mother had a heart attack, waking up hysterically crying in the middle of the night and I couldn't breath. I called, and she was already in the ambulance on her way to the ER. While going for a ride one night with my fiance, I was suddenly short of breath. I seen images flash before my eyes. A transport side swiping a car from the passenger side, close to train tracks. That night when my fiance whent to work, a man came in and told him this had happened that night. For about two weeks I was having nightmares about misscarrige (at the time we had just found out we are expecting) and I was horrified. A few days later, my niece misscarried her pregnancy.

As you can imagine, these dreams are driving me absolutely insane. I don't want to have them, I don't want to worry about them coming true. But the last year with my fiance I have been having dreams about him cheating on me atleats once a week. I love him, I know i'm going to spend the rest of my life with him. And he has never given me any reason to think he would ever want anyone else. But I can't help but get worked up about these dreams! Of course I have mentioned them to him, and he just laughs and says of course he wouldn't cheat on me. He doesn't seem to understand how frequently my dreams are invaded and I wake up crying thinking he wants someone else.

I guess my main question is, am I crazy for being worried? I know some of you are probably going to have your stupid opinions, and honestly, if you don't have anything helpful to say, don't say it. But it would be great to know if someone could relate to whats going on in my dreams!
First of all, Ashely, I know from personal experience such dream's're perfectly possible - wait until you start having them as visions while you're actually awake!

Secondly, though, I also know from personal experience these things're subject to what I call the Vampire Threshold Test, which is that bit in horror movies where the vampire can't come in the house until you give your permission, i.e., by neither accepting or rejecting such dreams you make it much harder for them to actually come true.

If you're anything like me, a part of you'll be secretly hoping the dreams come true just so you can say, what did I tell y'u! Didn't I say?

In earlier days I used to want my visions to come true - especially the ones containing information enabling me to win money - but I also believed they were inevitable, fate; however when I finally had one where I was shown someone utterly precious to me being knocked down and killed I put my foot down absolutely refused to go along with it.

Ditto you with your boyfriend - beware that constantly reciting the idea of his infidelity doesn't become an unconscious permission slip from you.

Ask yourself why on Earth we're shown these things in the first place - and by what - especially if they're in a form where we seem powerless to do anything about them, (except not go along with them)? And decide now which's more important to you - you being proved right about your dreams, or him staying faithful?

Good luck.
bentlie

Return to Body Image and Self Esteem