Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Cost Of Living In Kuala Lumpur?

Postby Elwyn » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:45 pm

Cost of life in Kuala Lumpur?

My boss wants me to work in Kuala Lumpur and has offered me 4500 MYR a month. in my own country I save about 1350 MYR monthly. I will tell you about my lifestyle and everyone who lives in KL please give your opinion about how much I can save in a month.

1. I need at least 1Mb internet and cable TV for my basic recreation.

2.my firm will be around Ampang so I need a place not very near but with easy public transportation access to it, I need a furnished apartment with only one room and I don't plan to have a roommate.

3. I am single and eat moderately and need air conditioner to cool the air when I sleep.

4. I don't have a luxury lifestyle and I will only use public transportion .

Considering the foresaid information,is 4500 MYR enough and how much will I be able to save?(more or less than 1350 MYR)

(I would be thankful if more people give their opinion because I really need help making my decision.)
Elwyn

Postby Damario » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:52 pm

You should be able to save around 1000MYR a month, realistically. There are some decent studio apartments on Jalan Ampang for around 1500MYR a month, suitable for singles or a couple. They are easily accessible by many bus services. You can email me at [email protected] for more information.
Damario

Postby Adoff » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:59 pm

Hi there,

The below are in MYR and some +and- figure for you as a guide line.

1. 1Mb Internet 99 , Cable (Astros) 100-150 depending on package.

2. Rental for 1room apartment/condo, walk-up 800 & with lift 1200-1500. There are some good ones opposite Ampang point (Korean Village), try those nearer to the main road.there is a bus stop just 500 meters away and lot of taxis.

3. Food is not really costly if you eat at stores/local coffee shops.600 for 3meals/day could cost less

4. Utilities for a single guy ,(electric/water/gas) 200 monthly.

You should be able to safe since you are not in to luxurious living. But please be sure to find out about income taxes and are you provided with medical insurance and dental care. Normal poly clinic are not expensive but hospitalization and dental care are very,very expensive. I can't tell you whether its going to be more or less compare with your present savings but if you budget well, it should not be less unless you treat yourself in fast food or patronizing expensive restaurants or food court in malls. Good luck!!
Adoff

Postby Rey » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:21 pm

for cable tv (astro) you need around rm 150 to rm 500 depends on what package you are taking. For internet, its about rm 100-200 monthly depends on the package.

For furnished apartment, it will cost you about rm 1500-2500. But still, it depends on how the apartment is located, the size, etc...

In malaysia, you definitely need aircond bcos it is so hot. Most furnished apartment has aircond.... Food is not expensive in malaysia. You need around rm 15-25 per meal. So for breakfast, lunch and dinner, you need about rm 50.

i think rm 4500 is consider small amount of money. But, since you are not living luxuriously and are living alone. I think it is good enough for you.
Rey

Return to Eat to Live