Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Comments About Bulimia?

Discuss Bulimia

Comments About Bulimia?

Postby roald37 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:20 am

I know it's stupid but I have started making myself sick. At first, I just felt desperate and I decided to not do it again, but each time I do it it gets easier. Does anyone have any personal experiences? Comments? Encouragement or disapproval? I want a general view, and I'm fully expecting people to just call me stupid and tell me to stop- I know, I know. But I mainly want people who have suffered or are suffering from it, I mean, is it even bulimia if I don't do it all the time? Also, would a counsellor have to tell my parents if I told them? Thank you in advance
roald37

Comments About Bulimia?

Postby Delainey » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:30 am

One of my co-workers suffers from bulimia and its hard for people to handle her. She doesn't realize it but her mood is so back-and-forth, shes a perfectionist, doesn't look healthy at all and just mentally sick. Being that skinny is not attractive at all, your teeth will get disgusting and your breath will stink like no tomorrow....not to mention how dried out her skin is and her hair that keeps falling out. You are doing it to look skinny but in reality you are making yourself so much less attractive. To throw up your food, its not normal and its a mental condition. You need to seek professional help.
Good luck.
Delainey

Comments About Bulimia?

Postby Roderick » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:33 am

been there, and let me tell you IT SUCKS! my teeth are horrible now! and my throat hurts all the time. I found out the easiest way to not binge to much it let your self have the food you want but only little bites... thats it. and trust me, since it is early you can stop but after awhile you wont be able to stop and its get easier but if i find i do it tooo many times it stops working and i freak out and when it gets bad and you cant get to a bathroom you feel like your going to go insaine, and sometimes it will stop working, you just have to stop for a few days and it will get easy again, and the hardest food to purge are peanut butter, breads and stuff and the easiest is ice cream :) but do it as soon after you eat or else it wont all come up, and sometime if you each a little bit of lettuce it will be like a mark that you have gotton it all cuz lettuce stays at the bottom of your tummy so when you see the lettuce that means its all gone, and drink allot when you binge (if you binge) but if you can stop, STOP cuz trust me! ITS H****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roderick

Comments About Bulimia?

Postby Shaw » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:39 am

If you were to speak to your school counselor unless he/she thought you were going to harm yourself they should simply help you work through it.

The real question is why are you doing this? Is it for weight loss? If you are vomiting the acid that you pass through your mouth is going to rot your teeth out of your head. (So that's just gross) not to mention the damage your doing to your esophagus by vomiting. It's very dangerous. I am not going to tell you that your stupid because your not stupid. And your actually concerned about it other wise you wouldn't be asking. It's never safe and it's not a viable weight loss option. Most people have other problems that go along with bulimia that don't necessarily include being overweight.

If your overweight and you simply want to drop the pounds have your school counseling help you find a viable diet option or life style change that will help you lose the weight. You are in a great place to get started. Utilize the schools gym and use your addictive personality to become addicted to exercise! You will be surprised how fun it is and how much of the weight you will lose.
Shaw

Comments About Bulimia?

Postby aveneil » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:51 am

I think that quite often it is a cry for attention, and I think that most bulimics and anorexics are very self involved and obsessed with themselves. I think it is important to realise that their is a whole world out there, and you would be wasting your life if you constantly spent all you time obsessing over your body and eating habits. It doesn't impress anyone, and it isn't cool or grown up.

That being said, if you feel you genuinely have a problem, I think you should speak to a GP sooner rather than later, and they will hopefully refer you to a psychiatrist. It is one of those illnesses that I personally don't even believe in, just like ADHD and sex addiction. I think it is an 'illness' that has been created by spoilt self-involved brats who have nothing else to focus on in life.
aveneil

Comments About Bulimia?

Postby Queran » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:54 am

Its horrible, please stop or you will seriously hurt yourself. The more you do it the harder it is to force yourself to stop. If you continue you could start throwing up blood - and your already ruining your body. Please try and stop - the sooner you do the easier it is.

Best of luck :)
Queran

Return to Bulimia