Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Chiropractic Care And Physical Therapy Was Given And They Were Paid By Auto Ins. And Med. Ins. But They're Not Satisfied

Discuss Food Addiction

Chiropractic Care And Physical Therapy Was Given And They Were Paid By Auto Ins. And Med. Ins. But They're Not Satisfied

Postby Qiao » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:15 pm

when i asked them why they are doing this, they claim that they were not a in network participating with my medical insurance. If that was the case then why did they accept any amount of money from my medical insurance. also, they could have told me up front and i would have gone elsewhere and found someone that was participating. I personally think that these people are not only double and triple dipping to make money but its insurance fraud. Most physical therapy and chiropractic care services accept what the auto and medical insurance gives them and the rest is written off. I would like to know if this has happened to anyone else, also if this is a scam or is this legitimate?
Qiao

Postby ashtin » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:20 pm

physical therapy was given and they were paid by auto ins. and med. ins. but they're not satisfied Schiff Hardin LLP Class Action AlertSeptember 30, 2008In this Alert:? New Jersey Federal Court Dismisses Six Insurance Class Actions ChallengingComputerized Medical Fee Reviews? No Rescission Class under the Truth in Lending Act? American Pipe Tolling Extends to Suit Filed Before Class Certification Decision_ _ _ _ _ _ _NEW JERSEY FEDERAL COURT DISMISSES SIX INSURANCE CLASS ACTIONSCHALLENGING COMPUTERIZED MEDICAL FEE REVIEWSIn a series of decisions issued on the same day,1 a New Jersey federal district court dismissed six putativeclass actions brought on behalf of nationwide classes of insureds and their medical provider assigneeschallenging the use of medical fee review software in adjusting auto medical payments(?medpay? or ?PIP?)claims. Plaintiffs have filed notices of appeal in all six cases, setting the stage for what may be a significantdecision from the Third Circuit.The suits, which were filed in 2007 and assigned to Judge Joel A. Pisano, alleged that the medical feereview databases licensed by the carriers from Mitchell Medical, Corvel, and others(which in turnincorporated fee schedule software by Ingenix and others) systematically failed to pay providers their?reasonable and necessary? fees by applying an arbitrary ?percentile benchmark?(e.g., the 80th percentile)selected by the carriers. All suits included claims for breach of contract, and one(St. Louis Chiropractic)also included claims under the consumer fraud statutes of New Jersey and other states, and sought adeclaration that the carriers had no contractual right to conduct a fee review that ?unilaterally capspayments according to a pre-determined percentile.?The opinions addressed a variety of issues that frequently vex insurers not only in class actions challengingthe use of medical fee review software, but also those alleging ?systemic? flaws in third-party computerizeddatabases used to adjust other types of insurance claims. Sources: http://www.schiffhardin.com/publications/class_action_081909/class_action_93008.pdf newuser66086017 56 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
ashtin

Postby Winthorp » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:54 pm

Chiropractic is a health care discipline and profession that emphasizes diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mechanical disorders of the musculoskeletal system, especially the spine, under the hypothesis that these disorders affect general health via the nervous system.[1] Chiropractic is controversial[2][3] and is generally categorized as complementary and alternative medicine(CAM),[4] a characterization that many chiropractors reject.[5] The main chiropractic treatment technique involves manual therapy, including manipulation of the spine, other joints, and soft tissues; treatment also includes exercises and health and lifestyle counseling.[6] Traditional chiropractic assumes that a vertebral subluxation or spinal joint dysfunction interferes with the body's function and its innate intelligence,[7] a vitalistic notion that brings ridicule from mainstream science and medicine.[8]D.D. Palmer founded chiropractic in the 1890s and his son B.J. Palmer helped to expand it in the early 20th century.[9] It has two main groups: "straights", now the minority, emphasize vitalism, Innate Intelligence and spinal adjustments, and consider subluxations to be the leading cause of all disease; "mixers" are more open to mainstream and alternative medical techniques such as exercise, massage, nutritional supplements, and acupuncture.[10] Chiropractic is well established in the U.S., Canada and Australia.[11]
Winthorp

Postby MacNicol » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:26 am

There are few data on the relative effectiveness and costs of treatments for low back pain. We randomly assigned 321 adults with low back pain that persisted for seven days after a primary care visit to the McKenzie method of physical therapy, chiropractic manipulation, or a minimal intervention(provision of an educational booklet). Patients with sciatica were excluded. Physical therapy or chiropractic manipulation was provided for one month(the number of visits was determined by the practitioner but was limited to a maximum of nine); patients were followed for a total of two years. The bothersomeness of symptoms was measured on an 11-point scale, and the level of dysfunction was measured on the 24-point Roland Disability Scale.Results After adjustment for base-line differences, the chiropractic group had less severe symptoms than the booklet group at four weeks(P=0.02), and there was a trend toward less severe symptoms in the physical-therapy group(P=0.06). However, these differences were small and not significant after transformations of the data to adjust for their non-normal distribution. Differences in the extent of dysfunction among the groups were small and approached significance only at one year, with greater dysfunction in the booklet group than in the other two groups(P=0.05). For all outcomes, there were no significant differences between the physical-therapy and chiropractic groups and no significant differences among the groups in the numbers of days of reduced activity or missed work or in recurrences of back pain. About 75 percent of the subjects in the therapy groups rated their care as very good or excellent, as compared with about 30 percent of the subjects in the booklet group(P
MacNicol

Postby Alson » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:20 pm

chiropractic care and physical therapy was given and they were paid by auto ins. and med... I am recovering from surgery on my cervical spine. I would like to start physical therapy close to home in Alameda or vicinity. Anyone have a recommendation? JennyI have seen Deirdre McLoughlin for a wicked back injury and she is fantastic. Her practice is located in the Strawberry Creek Bldg. on Addison in Berkeley, and she is extremely caring, knowledgeable and focused on each patient. Unlike many pt practices where you get handed off to different assistants and trainers, Deirdre spends a full 50 min/hour with each patient herself and puts her entire attention on your care. She works with her patients on all the usual PT things- ongoing assessment and progress tracking, exercises, stretches, icing, ultrasound, estim, massage, but because she doesn't hand you off to other people to do pieces of your treatment, she is 100% attentive and responsive to what she thinks you most need. She doesn't take insurance, but I got a big chunk of her fee reimbursed by my ins. company. 510-883-1126. ALISSA Nov 2008I will be having rotator cuff surgery in the Boston area soon and will be staying with my daughter and her family in the East Bay Area to recuperate. I am looking for recommendations for a physical therapy facility in the Orinda area. Thank you. anonI can highly recommend Physical Therapy Associates of San Ramon, as the best of breed. Both my teenage daughter and myself have been going there as needed for 5 years for our specific healing and have found the care to be exceptional. We drive all the way from Alameda as we have found no better. They are easy to access off 680 at 2817 Crow Canyon Road. Call 925-838-9846 and ask for Pat Scott. Enjoy! Louise and Sarah happy patients I had a very good PT experience with Bob Baker of Emeryville Physical Therapy. About 1 year ago I severely injured my right shoulder and had to undergo surgery to repair tears in both my subscapular tendon and labrum. My surgeon was concerned that an unknowledgeable PT might re-injure my shoulder and therefore recommended I use Bob for my PT. I visited Bob's office twice a week for about 3 months and received excellent care and advise. Today I have 100% mobility and strength in my shoulder. The icing on the cake was that Bob's approach to PT resulted in very little pain. I was warned by friends that PT stood for 'Physical Terrorist'. I was very pleasantly surprised to discover that no severe pain was involved in the process. Bob takes a slow and steady approach that gets maximum results with minimal discomfort. Bill May 2008Hi, Looking for a good, experienced physical therapist in my Hill Physicians Network to rehab from a shoulder injury. The only places that are covered are: NovaCare Rehab in Oakland Flex Physical Therapy in Oakland Pacer Physical Therapy in Walnut Creek Anyone have a good(great?) experience with a PT at these places? Any advice is much appreciated, MauraI highly recommend Flex Physical Therapy. I had a back pain and I was given ideas and ways to get rid of the pain. It worked! The staff is wonderful. anon I tried 4 different Hill Physicians' PTs, and attempted a request for an out of network assignment(refused) before I changed to AltaBates(now Sutter Group) and got a great PT(Allan at Berkeley PT). For some bizarre reason Hill has even refused to certify Summit Hospital PT -- which has good PTs and would be willing to be part of the Hill network; they tried to get re-certified by Hill Physicians, and were unable to do so. Sadly, your best solution is to switch out of Hill Physicians, if you can, to get a decent PT. --glad to have better PT care than Hill offered April 2008. Sources: http://parents.berkeley.edu/recommend/medical/phystherapist.html sekar 56 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Alson

Postby Naaman » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:14 am

chiropractic care and physical therapy was given and they were paid by auto ins. and med. ins Although I would not call it a turf war, there is slight misunderstanding in general public regarding the difference between a DC and a DPT. From my understanding, DC?s concentrate on treating musculoskeletal and systemic disorders though a controlled manipulation of the vertebral column. As for PT?s, it is primarily a rehabilitation oriented profession, although treating back injuries is one of its biggest recognitions. DC?s have been practicing autonomously for a while, and PT?s are just trying to break into the open market, with the obvious problem of sharing a piece of the reimbursement pie. Sources: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=120731 James_Brown 56 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Naaman

Postby Tolland » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:11 pm

Chiropractic is a health care discipline and profession Chiropractic is a health care discipline and profession that emphasizes diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mechanical disorders of the musculoskeletal system, especially the spine, under the hypothesis that these disorders affect general health via the nervous system.[1] Chiropractic is controversial[2][3] and is generally categorized as complementary and alternative medicine(CAM),[4] a characterization that many chiropractors reject.[5] The main chiropractic treatment technique involves manual therapy, including manipulation of the spine, other joints, and soft tissues; treatment also includes exercises and health and lifestyle counseling.[6] Traditional chiropractic assumes that a vertebral subluxation or spinal joint dysfunction interferes with the body's function and its innate intelligence,[7] a vitalistic notion that brings ridicule from mainstream science and medicine.[8]D.D. Palmer founded chiropractic in the 1890s and his son B.J. Palmer helped to expand it in the early 20th century.[9] It has two main groups: "straights", now the minority, emphasize vitalism, Innate Intelligence and spinal adjustments, and consider subluxations to be the leading cause of all disease; "mixers" are more open to mainstream and alternative medical techniques such as exercise, massage, nutritional supplements, and acupuncture.[10] Chiropractic is well established in the U.S., Canada and Australia.[11] Sources: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiropractic premahesh 56 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Tolland

Postby Quent » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:03 am

Although I would not call it a turf war, there is slight misunderstanding in general public regarding the difference between a DC and a DPT. From my understanding, DC?s concentrate on treating musculoskeletal and systemic disorders though a controlled manipulation of the vertebral column. As for PT?s, it is primarily a rehabilitation oriented profession, although treating back injuries is one of its biggest recognitions. DC?s have been practicing autonomously for a while, and PT?s are just trying to break into the open market, with the obvious problem of sharing a piece of the reimbursement pie.
Quent

Postby Garan » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:12 pm

Schiff Hardin LLP Class Action AlertSeptember 30, 2008In this Alert:? New Jersey Federal Court Dismisses Six Insurance Class Actions ChallengingComputerized Medical Fee Reviews? No Rescission Class under the Truth in Lending Act? American Pipe Tolling Extends to Suit Filed Before Class Certification Decision_ _ _ _ _ _ _NEW JERSEY FEDERAL COURT DISMISSES SIX INSURANCE CLASS ACTIONSCHALLENGING COMPUTERIZED MEDICAL FEE REVIEWSIn a series of decisions issued on the same day,1 a New Jersey federal district court dismissed six putativeclass actions brought on behalf of nationwide classes of insureds and their medical provider assigneeschallenging the use of medical fee review software in adjusting auto medical payments(?medpay? or ?PIP?)claims. Plaintiffs have filed notices of appeal in all six cases, setting the stage for what may be a significantdecision from the Third Circuit.The suits, which were filed in 2007 and assigned to Judge Joel A. Pisano, alleged that the medical feereview databases licensed by the carriers from Mitchell Medical, Corvel, and others(which in turnincorporated fee schedule software by Ingenix and others) systematically failed to pay providers their?reasonable and necessary? fees by applying an arbitrary ?percentile benchmark?(e.g., the 80th percentile)selected by the carriers. All suits included claims for breach of contract, and one(St. Louis Chiropractic)also included claims under the consumer fraud statutes of New Jersey and other states, and sought adeclaration that the carriers had no contractual right to conduct a fee review that ?unilaterally capspayments according to a pre-determined percentile.?The opinions addressed a variety of issues that frequently vex insurers not only in class actions challengingthe use of medical fee review software, but also those alleging ?systemic? flaws in third-party computerizeddatabases used to adjust other types of insurance claims.
Garan

Postby ualtar66 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:31 pm

I am recovering from surgery on my cervical spine. I would like to start physical therapy close to home in Alameda or vicinity. Anyone have a recommendation? JennyI have seen Deirdre McLoughlin for a wicked back injury and she is fantastic. Her practice is located in the Strawberry Creek Bldg. on Addison in Berkeley, and she is extremely caring, knowledgeable and focused on each patient. Unlike many pt practices where you get handed off to different assistants and trainers, Deirdre spends a full 50 min/hour with each patient herself and puts her entire attention on your care. She works with her patients on all the usual PT things- ongoing assessment and progress tracking, exercises, stretches, icing, ultrasound, estim, massage, but because she doesn't hand you off to other people to do pieces of your treatment, she is 100% attentive and responsive to what she thinks you most need. She doesn't take insurance, but I got a big chunk of her fee reimbursed by my ins. company. 510-883-1126. ALISSA Nov 2008I will be having rotator cuff surgery in the Boston area soon and will be staying with my daughter and her family in the East Bay Area to recuperate. I am looking for recommendations for a physical therapy facility in the Orinda area. Thank you. anonI can highly recommend Physical Therapy Associates of San Ramon, as the best of breed. Both my teenage daughter and myself have been going there as needed for 5 years for our specific healing and have found the care to be exceptional. We drive all the way from Alameda as we have found no better. They are easy to access off 680 at 2817 Crow Canyon Road. Call 925-838-9846 and ask for Pat Scott. Enjoy! Louise and Sarah happy patients I had a very good PT experience with Bob Baker of Emeryville Physical Therapy. About 1 year ago I severely injured my right shoulder and had to undergo surgery to repair tears in both my subscapular tendon and labrum. My surgeon was concerned that an unknowledgeable PT might re-injure my shoulder and therefore recommended I use Bob for my PT. I visited Bob's office twice a week for about 3 months and received excellent care and advise. Today I have 100% mobility and strength in my shoulder. The icing on the cake was that Bob's approach to PT resulted in very little pain. I was warned by friends that PT stood for 'Physical Terrorist'. I was very pleasantly surprised to discover that no severe pain was involved in the process. Bob takes a slow and steady approach that gets maximum results with minimal discomfort. Bill May 2008Hi, Looking for a good, experienced physical therapist in my Hill Physicians Network to rehab from a shoulder injury. The only places that are covered are: NovaCare Rehab in Oakland Flex Physical Therapy in Oakland Pacer Physical Therapy in Walnut Creek Anyone have a good(great?) experience with a PT at these places? Any advice is much appreciated, MauraI highly recommend Flex Physical Therapy. I had a back pain and I was given ideas and ways to get rid of the pain. It worked! The staff is wonderful. anon I tried 4 different Hill Physicians' PTs, and attempted a request for an out of network assignment(refused) before I changed to AltaBates(now Sutter Group) and got a great PT(Allan at Berkeley PT). For some bizarre reason Hill has even refused to certify Summit Hospital PT -- which has good PTs and would be willing to be part of the Hill network; they tried to get re-certified by Hill Physicians, and were unable to do so. Sadly, your best solution is to switch out of Hill Physicians, if you can, to get a decent PT. --glad to have better PT care than Hill offered April 2008.
ualtar66

Next

Return to Compulsive Overeating