Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Cervical Cancer - Anyone Had A Rad Hyst & Procedure To Move Their Ovaries? If So, Any Complications?

Discuss Lap Band Surgery

Cervical Cancer - Anyone Had A Rad Hyst & Procedure To Move Their Ovaries? If So, Any Complications?

Postby Lou » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:28 pm

Due to cervical cancer(which had spread to my uterus) I had a radical hysterectomy & pelvic lymph node removal in August. While in there, the Dr also moved my ovaries up into my abdomen(they had no cancer) to save them for the future. I can't find much info about this procedure online. I don't think my head was clear enough back then to come up with all the right questions. Due to pain & tenderness, now worried that my ovaries are failing & I may be facing another surgical procedure to remove them. Can't face another surgery! ...had 2 already & just can't do any more! I'm wondering if anyone else has had this procedure, or if anyone knows anything about it???? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!!!!
Lou

Postby Parlan » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:14 pm

Persnicula said: 3 I don't have specific information or direct experience with the things you're asking about, but I've added several topics to your question. Hopefully that will help get it seen by someone here who knows more. Take care! 85 months ago
Parlan

Postby Jaydee » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:07 pm

I don't have specific information or direct experience with the things you're asking about, but I've added several topics to your question. Hopefully that will help get it seen by someone here who knows more. Take care!
Jaydee

Postby Hector » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:14 am

I don't have any answers, but I wanted to send you well wishes, and hopes for your recovery without any further surgeries. I wonder if there is any kind of forum with women who have been through this? My best friend went through an ectopic pregnancy and was able to find a website to chat with others, share stories, and get advice. Perhaps someone can help you find one like this. Good Luck!
Hector

Postby Dyson » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:25 am

Koru said: 1 I don't have any answers, but I wanted to send you well wishes, and hopes for your recovery without any further surgeries. I wonder if there is any kind of forum with women who have been through this? My best friend went through an ectopic pregnancy and was able to find a website to chat with others, share stories, and get advice. Perhaps someone can help you find one like this. Good Luck! 85 months ago
Dyson

Postby Rutger » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:19 pm

First, I'm sorry to hear about all of the problems you're having. My sister-in-law had a hysterectomy when she was in her 20's(post-children) and my Mom had a radical hysterectomy a few years ago.Neither had a oophoropexy to my knowledge.My thoughts are this:I had a C-section and the various pains lasted for well over 6 months. At my 6-week checkup, the doctor said that one of the pains I was having was consistent with ligament stretching and adhering. I knew that the type of pain I was having I had experienced before. If I sneezed while laying on my back, I would end up in a fetal position because of the pain in left side of my abdomen from an early age.So, is it possible you're experiencing pain from the surgery? I don't know, of course, if it was laparoscopic or if a larger insicion was made.Have you talked to your doctor?Not sure this helped at all, but please, call you doctor. It could just put you mind at rest, which is what you need right now.
Rutger

Postby GIynn » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:50 pm

I am so sorry to hear what you have been through...you were so kind to send me a wonderful muffin recipie and when I saw this question i wanted to wish you all the best!
GIynn

Postby dario » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:56 am

kiwi123 said: 4 I am so sorry to hear what you have been through...you were so kind to send me a wonderful muffin recipie and when I saw this question i wanted to wish you all the best! 85 months ago
dario

Postby Booker » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:31 pm

I hope I'm not just wasting an answer spot, but.. First, I'm sorry to hear about all of the problems you're having. My sister-in-law had a hysterectomy when she was in her 20's(post-children) and my Mom had a radical hysterectomy a few years ago.Neither had a oophoropexy to my knowledge.My thoughts are this:I had a C-section and the various pains lasted for well over 6 months. At my 6-week checkup, the doctor said that one of the pains I was having was consistent with ligament stretching and adhering. I knew that the type of pain I was having I had experienced before. If I sneezed while laying on my back, I would end up in a fetal position because of the pain in left side of my abdomen from an early age.So, is it possible you're experiencing pain from the surgery? I don't know, of course, if it was laparoscopic or if a larger insicion was made.Have you talked to your doctor?Not sure this helped at all, but please, call you doctor. It could just put you mind at rest, which is what you need right now. Sources: opinion turkermom 85 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Booker

Return to Lap Band Surgery