Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Can You Gain Weight From Stress And Lack Of Sleep?

Learn about Food Metabolism

Postby Ambros » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:10 am

Many studies contribute weight gain to the exact two reasons you list.

Stress is a killer. It lowers the ability of the immune system and pumps all kind of destructive hormones and oxidants into the blood stream.

Every single sleep study done in the last 10 years connect lack of or poor quality sleep to weight gain. The body craves "cheap carbs", does not adequately recuperate, and all systems function at less than peak ability. Another contributor to lower immune function.

Here are my recommendations for weight loss. These can fight the effects of stress.

80% of weight loss is diet.

You can eat a healthy diet and lose weight.

You can eat a healthy diet and exercise and lose more weight.

You can exercise and eat a poor diet and not lose and even gain weight.

A good healthy diet high in fiber, lean meats, eggs, complex carbohydrates, whole grains, antioxidant foods, healthy beverages and low in added sugar and salt help people lose weight, lower cholesterol, increase energy, improve brain function, lower blood pressure, reduce cancer risk and have a more positive lifestyle!

You need to eat a lot more food and a lot more fiber!

Diets that exclude foods from any food group are fad diets and do not lead to permanent weight loss or solve any other health issues.

First, try to kick your fiber intake to 40 grams of both soluble and insoluble fiber.

Whatever you do, get your fiber from your food, not from a jar.

Fruits and vegetables have good fiber in them. A high fiber diet increases the metabolism.

Try a breakfast cereal with at least 20% of recommended daily allowance of fiber in it. They are usually low in sugar so there is a double benefit. Blueberries or raspberries on top add more fiber and antioxidants. But fresh or frozen, not the kind in syrup. Oatmeal with berries or a bit of fresh honey is also good.

Raw nuts are a great source of fiber, healthy fats, and antioxidants. Avocados are the best.

Lots of beans, peas, and grains are high fiber. Whole grain breads. Fiber kicks up the metabolism so you actually burn more calories. These foods will give you more gas in the beginning but if eaten daily, the bacteria in the digestive tract will elevate lowering the gas output.

This will get you on the path for a healthy daily bowel movement. This helps clean the system and aids healthy digestion. A high fiber diet reduces transit time - the amount of time it takes food from when it is eaten to when it is expelled. This reduces toxicity in the system both from internally produced, ingested, and external toxins.

I know it goes against everything you've heard or read but eating lots of the right foods will actually help you lose weight!

Next, take an age appropriate basic daily multivitamin. Don't look at your multivitamin as nutrition but more as an insurance policy. Think of it as filling in the gaps in your daily diet as opposed to a primary source of nutrients.

You have to drink lots of water to be healthy. But you can disguise it. Fill your glass all the way full with ice before pouring low sugar beverages. Try iced green tea with a splash of orange juice in it for sweet. More antioxidants. Add lemon juice to water for flavor. Slice up a cucumber and float it in pitcher of water. Gives it salty fresh taste. But you must drink up to 100 oz of water daily to help your body get rid of waste and the natural toxins.

Last, you need to get 8-9 hours of quality sleep depending on your age. All recent sleep studies report a connection between poor sleep patterns and weight gain. This includes going to bed as close to the same time every night including weekends. Most of us stay up late Friday and Saturday night and it throws us off.

You must combine a healthy diet with exercise to multiply the benefit. Whether an hour a day in the weight room or just a 30 minute brisk walk every day, the added benefit of a regular exercise program really do increase and accelerate healthy weight loss.

I lost 30 pounds in 5 months by spending my money at the grocery and gym and have kept it off for over two years. Less than 3% of people that attempt weight loss lose it and keep it off for two years. It is not easy. It is a lifestyle change.

Good luck and good health.
Ambros

Postby Groffudd » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:12 am

Record facorite programs on them when you exercide
Groffudd

Postby Barnie » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:14 am

Yes, yes you can. Your body does not function well under stress and lack of sleep. Stress > lack of sleep > stress > lack of sleep; and it keeps going until you have no control. The body cannot function when it does not have any energy. So it will become less productive, and active. So this is one main factor for people who gain weight. Lack of sleep and stress also correlate to less activity through the day, less moving, more lenient on what food people eat etc...., so it is one of the MAIN factors in weight gain. If you can reduce your stress, and get more sleep, your whole life will change.
Barnie

Postby roshaun » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:16 am

add 10 percent to the amount of daily calories you think you re eating
roshaun

Postby Sinclair » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:21 am

When you're under stress, you may find it harder to eat healthy. Also, during times of particularly high stress, you may eat in an attempt to fulfill emotional needs ? sometimes called stress eating or emotional eating. And you may be especially likely to eat high-calorie foods during times of stress, even when you're not hungry. Stress also causes certain body functions to reduce their function so it can focus on your stress. This is why you get sick more easily when you're under stress due to the immune system not working properly. Also weight gain from stress adds weight to your abdomen which is one of the most unhealthy places to put fat.

Lack of sleep can also cause weight gain. Leptin and ghrelin work in a kind of "checks and balances" system to control feelings of hunger and fullness, explains Michael Breus, PhD, a faculty member of the Atlanta School of Sleep Medicine and director of The Sleep Disorders Centers of Southeastern Lung Care in Atlanta. Ghrelin, which is produced in the gastrointestinal tract, stimulates appetite, while leptin, produced in fat cells, sends a signal to the brain when you are full.

When you don't get enough sleep leptin levels go down making you feel hungry even after eating and ghrelin levels go up meaing you are hungrier as well. Also a 160-pound person who sleeps eight hours will lose roughly 549 calories in the process. The more you weigh the more you burn. Sleeping also repairs the body and restores balance in the body including metabolism.
Sinclair

Postby Fairleigh » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:23 am

I'm no longer definite if a loss of sleep immediately intent weight reap, however different aspect elements reminiscent of widespread consuming whilst unsleeping longer generally is a aspect. When you sleep, your metabolism kicks into prime apparatus, making you to approach meals via your digestive tract faster, that is why you think so hungry within the morning or even oftentimes after a gentle breakfast, on the grounds that you are frame is making an attempt to meet up with the metabolic demands applied in the course of your sleep cycle. But as for sound asleep immediately concerning weight reap or loss, I havn't heard of earlier than. Hope this is helping!
Fairleigh

Postby Keene » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:25 am

I gain weight when i am under stress and eating too much. For example, this is what I tend to do when I am writing my dissertation:(
Keene

Postby Darius » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:40 am

actually just the opposite...the more active your body, the more you lose
Darius

Return to Food Metabolism