Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!    Latest blog post: Yoga for Weight Loss

Advertisments:

Can't Eat Anything?

Depression making it hard to lose weight?

Can't Eat Anything?

Postby Talbott » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:57 am

I have a borderline eating disorder, or that's what my friend tells me. A few months ago I got horrible depression an was to upset to eat. After my stomach shrunk an I only ate dinner. Now I only eat when I'm forced to. I am always shaking an twitching. I don't feel hungry and I'm scared :c everyone takes this as a joke.
Talbott

Can't Eat Anything?

Postby Everard » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:59 am

Your dieing slowly eat more stuff healthy foods!!!!!!
Everard

Can't Eat Anything?

Postby Liberio » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:05 pm

You may have put your body into 'ketosis'. Not enough carbohydrates (sugar from fruit, chocolate, candy, rice, pasta, etc.) forces your body to change and start burning energy stored in your fat cells.

This is very unhealthy and can cause irreversable damage. Start nibbling on foods with carbohydrates to get your body back to normal. Fruit juice is good to sip on but don't drink too much at a time. As time goes increase your intake of sugar and your body will start to feel normal again.
Liberio

Can't Eat Anything?

Postby wickley » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:08 pm

You have to force yourself to eat whether or not you're hungry. If you can't do that on your own, you need medical help. Your stomach doesn't actually shrink below a certain size, but you can lose normal hunger cues after ignoring them and undereating for awhile. You have to fight this, even if it means setting alarms and eating a certain number of calories every few hours. I don't know if you're at a healthy weight or need to gain, so it's hard to estimate how many calories you need. You can get a fairly accurate estimate of how much you burn in a day here: http://www.health-calc.com/diet/energy-e...

If you feel full easily, stick to calorie-dense foods like nuts (and nut butters), chocolate, full-fat dairy, grains (like oatmeal), whatever you can manage. If it helps you to drink some of your calories, do that. A large smoothie (500 ml) with fruit, ice cream or yogurt, fruit juice or milk, peanut butter or nuts, and oats has enough calories to count as a reasonable meal.

If it continues to be a problem, please see someone for help.. it can make a huge difference to have a little guidance. Good luck!
wickley

Return to Depression & Weight Loss