Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Can I Get Ripped In 4 Weeks? (image Included)?

Postby Dinsmore » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:46 pm

So I'm going on a trip to see my girlfriend and my friends, and I was hoping to get a decent body by then.

I workout everyday with a rest day, and have a cheat meal once a week and everything. I go to the gym and eat healthy (I don't do the whole eat 5-6 times a day thing though) and do cardio (mainly jumping rope and basketball).

Here's what I look like now: https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/p480x480/1013819_386242324829851_2084584441_n.jpg It's not THAT bad, but I'd like to see more definition (apologies, I don't have a big mirror in the place I live in). I think I'm at about 15% body fat.

Is it possible to get ripped in 4 weeks? Thanks.
Dinsmore

Postby Danton » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:06 pm

Is not impossible but it will be hard! When you train make sure you push yourself to your limits. But bear in mind you have to have appropriate rest periods to let your body recover. Make sure you eat enough protein. As for your body you are already quite ripped and make sure you do more cardio like jumping on the treadmill or doing some laps in the swimming pool. If you're doing weights do more reps and less mass ( kilograms or lbs). Hope I helped!!
Danton

Postby Abe » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:34 pm

It's possible, but I very strongly advice you against working that hard in that short of time. If you attempt this, I can almost guarantee you will get an injury. I suggest working your hard to build muscle one day (enough weight to where you can barely do 15-25 reps and do 2-3 set, resting 1 minute between sets to stretch out), then leave one day to rest (or however long it takes for the soreness to go away, waiting at least one day). then you can work out again the following day.

Remember to stretch periodically before and after weight-lifting, and on your resting day. This will not only help improve muscle bulk, but also improve flexibility. The resting days are important because you need to leave some time for your body to recover and repair your muscles, if you work out constantly, you are risking injury and not building muscle as fast. It may also help to drink protein drinks, like Muscle Milk; these have essential nutrients your body needs, as well as protein to help is muscle repair. Only drink 2 or 3 a day at most (one drink a day is perfectly fine too).

I know what I am saying because I was a physical therapy assistant and studied health and fitness. It will take some time to "get big", but this is the best way, it prevents injury as well as increasing the time it takes for loss of muscle bulk to occur if you stop lifting. Best of luck :)
Abe

Return to Eat to Live