Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Can Anybody Out There Give Me Some Good Career Advice Based On My Situation?

Depression making it hard to lose weight?

Postby Walfrid » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:49 am

I'm a 27yr old black male and i will be 28 in four days. I have managed to make it halfway through my psychology degree with a 3.675 GPA. I started my going to school part time in 2009, but i had alot of set backs because i suffer from generalized anxiety and depression. In 2006 i recieved a certificate from a trade school with a B average on being a electrical apprentice. In 2008 i became very ill and started to have panic attacks. I was put on medication, but from 2008 until now i have been losing weight and my condition is up and down.

I really don't know what to do at this point. I'm working at a dead end factory job that's just making my health worse because of the hours. I don't know if i should go back to college or continue to try and get healthy so i can get an electrical job. I used to weigh 185, but now i'm down to 130 and i still have trouble getting healthy.

I live on my own and it's difficult to overcome my situation. I tried everything, i even applied for social secruity disability and got denied because i was in college, but i still was having a hard time with my health. I could finish my Psych degree, but i need money now to pay child support and all of my bills. I could try to work for an electrian, but my health is bad and im seriuosly weak. Im turning 28 and i feel like its already over for me. I could just quit my factory job and get healthy, but im trying to stay away from the streets to support myself. What should i do????
Walfrid

Postby Traigh » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:55 am

That's a lot to deal with and I'm not qualified to answer most of it.
But, I will tell you that you will earn more as an electrician than with a BS in psych.
It's going to be tough to do either unless you can take control of your health.

Can get by working part time? Do you work out? sometimes that helps, You applied for SS, but does your state have any rehab programs?

Good luck and try to remember that you have time to work this out as you're so young.
Traigh

Return to Depression & Weight Loss