Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Can Any Girls Out There Provide An Opinion For An Arguing Couple.?

Postby Elvy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:25 am

I am a man. I am 23 years old and I have been seeing my girlfriend for 4 weeks now. We had our 1st argument recently, and bizarrely it was about my weight. I am 6 ft 3 and weigh 11 and a half stone (74kg or 163lbs) and she worries i dont eat properly when i'm alone (we dont live together at the moment)

What do the women out there think about this. Is she being unfair or am I a bit too skinny for my own good? I don't want us to argue anymore so honest opinions from others may help. Thank you.
Elvy

Postby Nynnyaw » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:30 am

Based on your height and weight measurements, your body mass index in nicely in the healthy weight range. That said, physical appearances can be deceiving and you may look thinner than you weigh.

There are a few things I guess you could take from this argument

1) She genuinely cares for you and maybe really is worried about your weight, particularly if you do look thinner than your weight/BMI might suggest? - if it really is as simple as this then maybe just tell her your BMI is ok.

2) She genuinely cares for you but maybe isn't able to broach her feelings about this just yet (you have only been together for 4 weeks so maybe this is a convoluted way of getting across that she likes you a lot?)

3) She is being completely unfair to you, perhaps she has issues with her own body image?

4) She is being completely unfair and looking for an excuse to pick an argument?

Just some random thoughts there from a late 20s female and I could be completely wrong about all of them so feel free to ignore them!!

Either way, from the figures you've posted your weight is perfectly fine!

Good luck with sorting things out
Nynnyaw

Postby Kieran » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:36 am

Im thinking that four weeks in you shouldnt be arguing at all never mind about something so trivial as weight! It doesnt matter whether she thinks you are too skinny or not, how do you feel? if you eat a healthy balanced diet then your body will find its natural weight and if she doesnt like that tough.

why does she think you dont eat properly? is this something that you have mentioned or is it just because you are slim?

either way after only 4wks arguments about anything doesnt look too good for a rosy future together

:-s
Kieran

Postby Gisilbert » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:54 am

Do you feel like your side of the argument is not being heard? Do you wish the person you are arguing with saw things from you point of view? Are you embraced to ask for advice from the people you know because you don?t want them to judge you? Chances are you probably answered YES to all of those questions because that is probably why you are here in the first place. If you are looking for advice or you would just like a third prospective on your dispute you should consider signing up to WWW.SIHLU.COM. Unlike most social networks nowadays www.sihlu.com tries a different approach to conflict resolution by providing an opportunity for BOTH individuals that are involved in an argument to say their side. Another advantage SIHLU.com has is the fact that it is anonymous and it gives people the advantage to express what is on their mind with out being worried about judgment. www.sihlu.com is absolutely free of charge and signing up takes 2 seconds. If you ever stayed up at night thinking about a recent dispute you had with a loved one a friend or even a co worker then www.sihlu.com can be a life saver. By providing people with both sides of the argument you open a door to new possibilities. Conflict is natural, but most people ignore the fact that in a heated argument we are apt to lose sight of the truth. Sometimes to resolve an argument all we need is a set of new eyes so we can look at our problems from a different prospective and see things ?out side of the box?. Problems can become opportunities when the right people come together. sometimes finding resolution seems impossible but in life ANYTHING not attempted remains impossible. As I mentioned before WWW.SIHLU.COM is FREE, you have nothing to lose, resolution is one click away.
Gisilbert

Return to Eat to Live