Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Can A General Surgeon Perform The Lap Band Surgery?

Discuss Lap Band Surgery

Postby ted » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:44 am

I actuaklly dont think so because I know they are making the lap band surgery more like a life style change instead of what they did with the stomach staoeling, because with the stomach stapeling they would do it and then see you for a follow up and then you didnt see the doctor anymore and were told how you could eat and then if you didnt follow that then you could pop your stapels and have bad effects, whereas this lap band surgery is supposed to give you a relationship with your doctor.
You would have presurgery counseling and have meeting with the surgeon and then have the procendure, and then over the next three years you are supposed to stay in contact with that doctor so they can monitor your progress.
I think this is a much better way because my grandmother had the stomach stapeling done in 1999, and she died from it.
I do realize it worked for some people, but most people are obese because of their lack of control over food, not all but most, so you cant just staple someones stomach and tell them to eat a tiny portion of food and expect them to listen to you, they actually need to learn to live a different lifestyle without the food, thats why I feel if they can change the way they live and learn to eat healthy then they should get the surery thats why I agree with the lap bad more than I do with stomach stapeling and so far the research ive done on it seems to be alot more safe.
ted

Postby Tupac » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:45 am

I had my lap band surgery through Forerunners Healthcare Consultants in India I don't regret it at all I had a baby since then and I'm still able to take the weight off so far i am very happy. The key is to use a reputable surgeon. You want to be carefully screened beforehand to make sure you are a good candidate. Since my surgery I can walk without getting tired, I can play with my son; I can walk down the street with my head held high. I feel pretty for the fist time in years. I was given another shot at life. The surgery is a tool and how well that tool works is up to you!!

I would do it again in a heartbeat. I would recommend to every one who is suffering from the same problems as I did before but I would urge anyone who is interested to seek the best surgeon possible and make the decision based on the surgeon?s recommendations and your own personal goals!! Make sure the reasons for the surgery are the right one. The surgery isn't for someone who just "wants to be skinny". Do it for your health, for your life, for family. FOR YOU.

You can checkout their website.

http://www.forerunnershealthcare.com

Hope this helps.
Tupac

Postby Hughie » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:48 am

It is general surgeons who have undertaken some additional training in that particular kind of surgery who do it, yes.

There are fellowships in minimally invasive surgery (which means laparoscopic surgery, generally), or endosurgery, or bariatric or GI surgery, but there is no real reason why you would have to obtain your training in a formal program--it's just that this is a relatively new type of surgery and that's probably the easiest way to get your experience.
Most of these fellowships are a year on top of the regular five-year residency for surgery.
Hughie

Postby Bobby » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:49 am

that is regularly achieved laparascopically with some tiny holes made on your abdomen and by way of those that is accessible to insert the band around the decrease area of the esophagus and connect it to a definite reservoir that controls the rigidity interior the gadget.
Bobby

Return to Lap Band Surgery