Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Breastfeeding To Lose Pounds

Postby Zevulun » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:48 pm

This may sound unusual but here goes. My husband and I are considering sharing in an adult breastfeeding relationship.I know this is a taboo type subject but I hope you maybe can answer my question. Aside from the intimacy we hope to share will I also have the benefit of possibly losing some weight as some new mothers do when breastfeeding a baby. I'm hoping so as I am overweight. Of course I will not depend on this entirely, I exercise now and try to eat healthy as of late but I'm hoping maybe this will help me lose a few pounds. Do you think it depends on the amount of milk a woman secretes daily or not. Your answer if any would be appreciated. Thankyou.
Zevulun

Postby Weddell » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:52 pm

Hi Christina,  Out of curiosity, are you still nursing your baby as well or are you just planning on starting the adult relationship with your husband now that your baby is weaned?  I have no problem with you asking this question.  If you are nursing your baby as well as having the relationship with your husband your supply will definitely be boosted and you may find yourself "full" of milk more often.  You may or may not lose weight through this.  It all depends on how your body reacts to all the nursing.  For some mothers it works wonderfully burning the calories, for others it doesn't make much of a difference.  The most important thing is that you exercise and limit your food portions.  You may want to consider weight watchers as they have a program especially for nursing moms to make sure they get their extra calories in.  You can even do the program through the Internet.  Hope that helps,       Bridgette W.
Weddell

Return to Weight Watchers Diet