Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!    Latest blog post: Yoga for Weight Loss

Advertisments:

Been On Wc For 4 Months & Can't Work B/c Of Restrictions. My Employer Sold The Business Can I File For Unemployment

Been On Wc For 4 Months & Can't Work B/c Of Restrictions. My Employer Sold The Business Can I File For Unemployment

Postby Yuma » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:28 am

I've been on WC for 4 months & can't work because of restrictions. My employer sold the store I work in and now I don't know if the new owners will hire me back. I'm still going through treatment for my back injury and I don't know when I'll be able to work again. When I do get better, would I need to contact the new owners to find out if I still have a job before applying for unemployment or can I just apply without speaking to them?
Yuma

Postby Lander » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:09 pm

and, yes, if you don't have a job waiting, start collecting UE, and contact an attorney to sue the new employers.   Schelli 34 months ago
Lander

Postby Gwern » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:48 pm

I know that in the state of Florida, they have to save my job for 12 weeks(or something like that). That time has already been used up. I haven't been able to go back since mid September, 2011. I'm currently collecting WC benefits every 2 weeks. Are the new employers legally obligated to give me my job back?   73r3 34 months ago
Gwern

Postby Dawson » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:00 pm

You should contact them now, since you're still technically still an employee of the company. I would think you'd have legal recourse if they didn't allow you to return to work after the WC gives you an OK to work.   Schelli 34 months ago
Dawson

Return to Fat Loss 4 Idiots