Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Atkins Induction- Not Losing Any More Weight.?

Postby Wilton » Fri May 05, 2017 7:58 am

I started the Atkins diet a week and 4 days ago. My mom started two weeks ago. We both started to lose weight fast, so far I have lost 11lbs. and she has lost 8. So far, we haven't lost any more weight and it has been 4 or 5 days. We aren't cheaters and are always under 20 carbs. I don't thing we are losing inches instead of pounds though. Are our bodies just reajusting? Will they start to lose weight again?

Thanks
Wilton

Postby Anyon » Fri May 05, 2017 7:59 am

Walk to some co-worker's desk to chat instead of instant messaging.
Anyon

Postby Zackary » Fri May 05, 2017 8:06 am

In the mood for a hot meal? Make a massive pot of veggie bean soups, divide into two-cup containers, and store from the freezer. Before bed, place a container in the fridge, then grab it before heading out the door each day.
Zackary

Postby Kevan » Fri May 05, 2017 8:08 am

Because I am diabetic, I began looking for diets to control my sugars and weight without drugs, so I read Dr. Atkins' books. This was 10 years ago now, and I am a great weight and my doctors are always amazed with how well I am doing.

You have to stay on the diet, as you said you are doing. Are you in ketosis? Did you buy the strips? If you are in ketosis, no matter what the scale says, you can take comfort that you have burn through the sugar store in your liver and your body is burning your fat. Your weight will go up in down with your salt intake, and you must remember that calories still count! I know what the book says, but I have found that I must keep my calories down, too. I eat lean meats, no red meat, and cut back on my cheese and nut intake to lose additional weight after I hit a plateau. If you are in ketosis, you will start losing weight again, and your bodies are probably just adjusting.

Today I eat some meats, tofu, most vegetables, berries, cheese, nuts, and some condiments that are OK, too. It's a limited diet, people are not very understanding, and it is hard to give up carbs and sugar all your life; but it is a lifestyle change. For me, it was the best thing I could ever do for my health. I have kept ALL my weight off, and my blood work is that of a 20 year-old. It took me a little less than a year to lose 70 lbs. Best of luck!
Kevan

Postby selden55 » Fri May 05, 2017 8:13 am

Your bodies are probabley adjusting, however, to "kick start" it back, I would suggest eating low fat meats. I know when I was doing it, it was easy to eat the fattier meats, since it is allowed.

Are you eating a lot of luncheon meats? Sodium could also play a factor.

When I was doing it, I would eat chicken and turkey, and low carb/low fat ham.

How about your water intake? It does help flush out the fat.

You could also start exercising to get it going again.
selden55

Postby Rayce » Fri May 05, 2017 8:14 am

I had a similar problem when starting Atkins. I found that the eggs, red meat and large amounts of cheese that I was eating was keeping me from losing. When I replaced the red meat with turkey and chicken and cut the cheese (still a lot of cheese, but not as much), I started to lose again. After about 10 days of eating the chicken, I found that I didn't need the red meat to keep me satisfied at all and that I prefered the chicken. I assume that my body just didn't react well to the calories and fat, even though I was eating almost no carbs.

I started also started eating 3 low-carb Mission tortillas a day so I felt I was still eating bread ... one for breakfast with salsa turkey (in the deli dept), pepper jack cheese and skinny cow cheese and then 2 at dinner with shredded chicken and cheese (kind of like tacos). For lunch I would usually have a chicken breast. Snacks were sugar free Jell-o or sugar free Hershey's miniatures. I also increased my water and exercise.

I also stayed away from being too creative with recipes/menus. My husband had tried Atkins about a year earlier and had no success. I was always trying new low-carb recipes and we'd end up eating the whole thing.

At the end of 4 months, I was down 50 pounds.

Hope my experience helps!
Rayce

Postby Stu » Fri May 05, 2017 8:15 am

This is quite normal, your bodies are adjusting.

If you want to "talk" to people who have been doing Atkins for a while, try here http://forums.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay...
Stu

Postby Forbes » Fri May 05, 2017 8:16 am

For sandwich-lovers, use spinach or swiss chard leaves as an alternative to a wrap, skip the cut of cheese, and load on the veggies.
Forbes

Postby Brac » Fri May 05, 2017 8:20 am

It?s an age old trick but vertical stripes really do stretch you out. The contrast of colour straight vertical splits your body in fifty percent.
Brac

Postby Gisilbert » Fri May 05, 2017 8:23 am

Are you drinking soda? I lost weight faster when I stopped drinking diet soda. I think it has to do with retaining water. The fact that the ketostix are turning is all the sign you need. I would stay away from the scale for a few days and then go back. You'll drive yourself crazy if you look at it too much. Oh, and yes, you may be gaining muscle too. It depends how much you're exercising. The scale won't move as quickly, but you're still getting skinnier.

For the best answers, search on this site https://smarturl.im/aDC4Q
Gisilbert

Next

Return to Atkins Diet