Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Atkins Diet?

Atkins Diet?

Postby Barram » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:03 am

I've been following it for almost two years and I've lost 55 pounds so far.
You have to think of it as a lifestyle change, not a diet.
I really recommend getting a copy of Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution (you can pick them up at used book stores pretty cheap) and read it carefully so you know exactly how to do it and why it works.

The Protein Power books recommended above were written by Drs. Mike and Mary Dan Eades, not Atkins.
Barram

Atkins Diet?

Postby Aethelbert » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:04 am

Atkins is a diet where you eat very few carbs.
The old calorie thing is a rediculous concept - lab techs dry out food and burn it, and then see how much energy (heat) is given off.
But human metabolism is much more complex than an open fire.
Carbs are easily converted to body fat because of the chemistry of metabolism.
Fat is not what makes you fat - fat satiates hunger and makes you feel full.
Protein builds muscles.
Meat, cheese, and fresh vegetables are what you start w/ and whole fruits and grains can be eaten as you get more into it/loose weight.

Don't think of Atkins as an end-stage diet.
You'll be able to eat more carbs as you understand which foods induce a stonger gylycemic response than others.
Read the book about the diet, where Dr. Atkins drew a strong (I believe) corallation between the rise of junk carbs like refined sugar, white flour and the worst CORN SYRUP (the stuff that's ubiquitiosly found in soda and candy) and the rise of obesity not just in the west but all over the world as these substances and the pre-packaged foods they go into have been introduced.
I was overweight as a child and I WISH people had been talking about this back then ~ 20 yrs ago.
White bread, pasta and fruit juice are good foods if you're an olympic runner.
I tried the diet, it worked pretty well, and I still incorporate the key principles of the diet into my lifestyle today.
Good luck.
Aethelbert

Atkins Diet?

Postby Walker » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:05 am

it works like this:

you eat protien and fat (eggs meat, apples, ect) and eat little to no carbohydrate.

the human body needs 0 carbs to survive.
i am on this diet and have lost 30 pounds in 3 months.
unlike any other diet the results are immediate!

id reccomend picking up dr atkins Protien Power books as well as the protien power lifeplan.
those books will really help you understand how and why this diet works
Walker

Atkins Diet?

Postby MacDaibhidh » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:07 am

I wouldn't suggest the Atkins Diet as much as The South Beach Diet.
Many people I know felt very ill on the Atkins Diet, whereas The South Beach Diet is much healthier and easier to stay on.
It is also a better plan for life.
You can still go out to eat and live your life without feeling deprived.
My energy level is much better, along with my disposition with this plan.
Check out their website www.southbeachdiet.com.
The diet book is very informative and helps you stay on track.
MacDaibhidh

Atkins Diet?

Postby Sinnoch » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:12 am

ok i've got executed the two so ... first of all in case you have in undemanding terms lost 5 lbs in one month on a vegetarian eating ordinary you likely have not been work out and/or you have taken in too many energy. basically through fact that's non carnivorous does not advise its low calorie. Now as for ATKINS run....do not do it. i concept i became into so clever and so did all the folk I confident to pass on Atkins reason I lost 29 lbs in a month, yet... not in undemanding terms did the burden come perfect returned the minute I have been given returned to the authentic worldwide and ate some carbs. yet I won returned greater, plus I became a B*tch on a similar time as in this eating ordinary. CRANKY!!! and it became into sooooo annoying to pay interest as your recommendations has no power through lack of carbs. it is so bodily undesirable too. It became into exciting for the 1st couple of days, Francis Bacon, cheese, steaks, salmon, nuts... AKA fat fat fat fat fat fat...then you particularly start to sense like a pan of oil. Makes me ill recalling this eating ordinary. How approximately including somewhat lean protein to the veggie eating ordinary and workout the burden off, then you particularly have a company toned physique.
Sinnoch

Return to Atkins Diet