Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Are My Parents Too Strict? If They Are, Can I Get Sone Help Please?

Postby Tolland » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:06 am

So, I think my parents are too strict...and so do all my friends. Btw: I just turned 13

1. We have NO junk food at our house. Almost never. Everything in our cabinets say "whole grain" or "wheat" or "organic". So I have to deal with all this healthy crap. I know eating healthy is important, but not everything you eat has to be healthy. Plus, when my friends come over, we have nothing to snack on.

2. They won't let me wear a bikini or short-shorts.

I do want to be modest but ALL my friends have bikinis, and when I go to the pool I look stupid, especially in pictures because I'm the only one that's wearing a one piece. I don't feel like I fit in. So about the shorts, they just bought me three new pairs of shorts, and I tried them on for my BFF. She laughed at all three pairs. They're too long. I tried on one final pair that I've had since last summer. "That's MUCH better!" she said. That's a pair that I can't wear, and they're perfectly modest.

3. I get in trouble for the stupidest things

My dad likes to ask stupid questions that he should already know. He bambles on, and on. I just answer with a sigh and "yes" and get in trouble. Yes, I do get annoyed, dad.

4. My bedtime on weeknights is 8 o clock. Guess what? I can't have my phone past then either. All my friends are texting and on facebook, BEGGING me to stay online and keep texting them. Guess what? All my friends go to bed whenever they want, and still get good grades. Why do I have to go to bed at eight? I get good grades! Even if I was up till 12 every night, I would still get good grades.

5. I can't have the computer in my room

I just get sooo annoyed with my parents and I think they're too strict. I NEED HELP, PLEASE! Any advice you can give me is great, and thank you for reading and answering! Btw: I live in a hole-in-the-wall town where nothing ever happens. And, it's in Missouri soooo. Yah. Nothing exciting here. Nothing bad.

I really need your help and I appreciate it so much! Thank you!
Tolland

Postby Bentley » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:09 am

Your are a spoiled brat. You have a roof over your head. Food when ever you get hungry, the good stuff mind you. Nothing that will end up giving you diabetes. YOU HAVE PARENTS THAT CARE. Maybe you should switch with my alcoholic parents for a week and see how 'un-strict' the are.
Bentley

Postby Lundie » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:18 am

Well they are kinda strict just talk about it tell them that u feel different and stuff
Lundie

Postby Eustatius » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:20 am

Your parents are too strict, but what's important is that they care about you. The 8:00 bedtime is the only thing that's really over the line. It should be 10:00. That's what I had when I was your age, and I thought that was too early. 11:00 would have been perfect. But 10 is reasonable.
Eustatius

Postby Both » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:22 am

I think this is ridiculous...
Both

Postby Franzen » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:25 am

You're 13 year old friends all agree?! So effing what? Baby newbie teenage girls are all know-it-all drama queens.
What you have are great parents.
The one and ONLY thing I can agree with you about is bedtime, I'd give you to 10:00.
As for all the rest, you don't need to be carrying on gossiping until the middle of the night.

Be darned glad you are allowed to go to swimming pool parties at all! The only suggestion I have about the 1-piece which is a fine swimsuit to wear is that when you hit 14 you ask about a tankini.
Until then you don't need to be showing your 13 year old little girl body to anybody.

Thank your lucky stars you have parents who care girl.
If you read what I read here on a daily basis you'd go hug and kiss your parents and say, "Thank you!"
Franzen

Postby Darran » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:29 am

This is ridiculous.
Yes, your parents are strict, but to think you need help? When I clicked on this I thought you were being beaten or something.
You have parents that want you to stay healthy and safe and protect you-how awful.

Be glad you have good food to keep you healthy.
My family couldn't afford those kinds of foods.
We lived on school food and dollar menu nightly as my mom got home from working overtime.

Be glad your parents can buy you new clothes every year.
You always have new, clean clothes to wear.
On a side note, if that girl was laughing at your clothes she's not really your friend.

Parents expect respect.
Shocking, I know.

The bedtime is a bit steep.
But I didn't even have a phone at 13.
Shut the **** up.

Your parents wont let you have a computer in your room.
Tragic.
Especially since they apparently can't trust you not to use it till 3 am talking to those great friends that laugh at you.

Get over yourself, you spoiled brat.
Darran

Postby Demason » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:33 am

Talk to your parents about giving you a chance to stay up later in a mature respectful way. The rest of it their house their rules until you move out.
Demason

Postby Avital » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:36 am

As far as your parents only having healthy food in your house, I think that's good. There are some parents that only seem to have nothing but "junk" food in their house and that's whats making their children gain weight. I do think that you deserve some treats so maybe have a talk with your parents about it? I think your bedtime is a bit early but once again its just something that you may need to talk with your parents about if your wanting things to change a little good. For the most part I think your parents just really care for you and you should be lucky for that. Good luck
Avital

Postby Hay » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:46 am

1. That I was a full time smoker til I learned I was once pregnant. 2. That i have executed medicines before. 3. Misplaced my virginity at 16. Four. How many folks I've slept with. 5. That I began ingesting at an early age. 6. The time I lied about once I was once staying for brand new Years when I was once a junior in excessive school. 7. Met a guy in person as soon as that I met off the internet. 8. Pushed under the influence of alcohol a few occasions, a lot of these underage. 9. What sexual stuff i'm into. 10. The instances I had my boyfriend sneak into my room once I used to be 16.
Hay

Return to Eat to Live