Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Are Allergy Tests Free In Scotland?

Postby Quenton » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:50 am

I have terrible eczema and after many attempts at trying to find something to ease it online, I have come across people suggesting getting a prick test done. This involves pricking your skin and adding an irritant, and if there is a reasonably reaction from your skin you're allergic.

I live in Scotland, and I don't know how to go about getting one of these tests done. I'm assuming I go through my doctor? And is it going to be free?

If anyone know anything about this it would be much appreciated! I would love to have a prick test done to see if there is anything causing my eczema.
Quenton

Postby Baxter » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:53 am

the dermatologist referred me to have it done. they usually only do it if your showing signs of an allergic reaction , which at the time I had urticaria to show the skin doctor plus had been experiencing extreme swelling on my body and eyelids after eating certain foods, aswell as intense itching and breakouts months before that. It was the skin patch test they referred me for first to check products, they were all in denial at my age it would be what im eating.
eventually the dermatologist took blood samples to send away for testing , they came back low positive apart from two foods tested which showed a high level of anti-bodies, so taking it all into consideration the derm referred me to an immunologist for the skin prick. but its nothing a homoeopathic Vega Intolerance test didnt tell me. The blood results on their own were accurate enough for me as they pinpointed my biggest suspected allergy and were low positive on things im alright with. but because the skin prick is known to be more accurate/reliable than a blood test thats why they sent me for it.

The vega intolerance test is a sensitive machine which will pick up on any sensitives or allergies you have to foods, dust, cat fur , drugs, minerals and so on, then you can either avoid them or cut down on them. the machine cant reveal if your officially allergic to those things but if your body dosent like it will pick up on it. They can however tell the severity of the sensitivity by looking at the meter. My suspected food allergy was high on the meter.
They test many things and its about £30 defiantly worth it. If it wasn't for that machine I would not have avoided what I suspected to be reacting to before the NHS finally decided to do official tests. If there is anything specific you want tested for let them know.
It will tell you things your body dosent like you never knew. It was designed by the chinese and picks up the acupuncture points in your hand

with eczema, push for as many tests as you can get.
Baxter

Postby Lucas » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:04 pm

Yep

It should be free on the NHS, ask your doctor
Lucas

Postby Herb » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:12 pm

Allergy Testing Nhs
Herb

Postby Chisulo » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:24 pm