Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Anyone doing slimming world?

Postby takeo » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:17 am

I joined slimming world 2 weeks ago and so far i have lost 6 lbs. However, due to having a stressful week the last two nights i managed to eat a whole pot of ben and jerrys ice cream. I'm so disappointed in my self looking back on it (even tho it did taste nice!!)..

Will I put on a 1lb because I ate it? I havent eaten any crisps or chocolate this week.. but have had a more syns than i normally have because i've been doing rubbish dinners by having chicken nuggets etc

Postby fferyll12 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:19 am

Hi there! Firstly, well done on your fab loss so far.
Ive been doing slimming world since May 2010 and have lost a total of 4 and a half stone to date :)
I am following Red and Green. I tend to follow the diet 6 days a week and have one day where I eat what I want. This might not work with everyone but it stops me craving the fatty foods I love oh so much! Ben and Jerry Phish food is my biggest vice and I can eat a whole tub in one go! But now I buy one every two weeks and have a few spoonfulls when I fancy. Its hard to stop but I tell myself I have too. IT also helps that my consultant is bloody fabulous and is on hand day or night to help me. Dont worry if you do have a gain, we all have them now and again. We all need a blow out from time to time. Just remember to draw a line under it and concentrate on the week ahead.
Your welcoemn to email me if you need any help.
Best of luck :)

Postby jarrell » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:26 am

well done on your loss so far! keep focusing on that, i have been a member since feb this year and lost 2st 3lb, iv had two gains since starting one of half a pound and the other was a pound, it is a disappointment when you see what you don't want but it can make you more determined to be better, the main thing is you know where u went wrong, why not look on the slimming world website for low syn homemade ice cream? i sometimes put a mullerlight yogurt in the freezer for a few hours usually toffee flavour and it is gorgeous, there are lots of low syn recipes out there, Just have a type in google for syn free recipes there so many to choose from.. you can easily turn ur 'naughtiness' around lots of superfree with superspeeds. try a jacket potato with salad and baked beans very quick and easy! dont give up keep going if you do put weight on it makes you more determined next week and you know why you have put the weight on, good luck

Postby pyrs59 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:28 am

Well i think it's possible you might have a weight gain, difficult to tell as we don't know what you've eaten or what exercise you have done.

BUT - the thing to focus on here is the 6lbs you have lost already. That is really good news and you must keep that in the front of your mind. The other thing to remember is that losing weight (particularly if you have quite a bit to shift) is that it's more of a long distance race rather than a sprint. The weight didn't go on overnight, so just bear that in mind - it will take w hile to come off. I am so impatient though, it needs to come off NOW!!

We all have bad days / weeks that have us reaching for the biscuit tin/wine/chocolate. Just put this down to experience, remember the weight loss you have already had and draw a line under the ice cream business. Just look forward, get back on track today and you will start to reverse any damage you may have done.

Good luck

Return to Slimming World