Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Any Advice On How To Deal With My Eating Disorder?

Postby Albie » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:51 pm

Hey guys. Im going to apologize in advance for the length of this. I am a 20 year old male who was recently discharged from a residential rehabilitation program. I now live on my own in an apartment. I don't really do much, as I suffer from insomnia, an eating disorder, depression, and BPD. I have lost 70 pounds since my highest weight. When i take my bpm at a sitting position after resting for ten minutes, i score around 78bpm. Upon standing, it spikes to close to 150. I am worried about the effects the eating disorder could be taking on me. I was actively purging in residential treatment and they never knew. I didn't want to tell them because I wanted to leave so badly. I rarely keep anything down unless I'm with my parents, as it would break their hearts to know that ive already relapsed. I was addicted to the synthetic marijuana, often referred to as spice or k2 and have picked it up again due to having no purpose or direction in life. This has caused me to feel worthless and extremely depressed. I know that this whole situation is my fault. If I had come back and tried to find a job right away, this wouldn't have happened. I finally got an appointment with a new pshyciatrist (sp?) Next Tuesday but I'm not sure if I should wait that long. Any advice would be greatly appreciated? Or just some helpful words. Thanks Y!a
Albie

Postby Immanuel » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:04 pm

Thats honestly quite the norm to your top in comparison with weight. I feel this to be extra of a mental factor as a substitute than an consuming ailment. Is their others round who particularly are fat or sees them self as fats once they arn't? Are you observing things that go together with the the very thin is in kind of thing? With the way individuals view things today some people are going to get too thin and truely increase a sickness when they think they're too fat after they arn't... Edit from after writer's edit: I still feel it to be a mental thing. Its no longer like your going to grow chubby in sooner or later by means of eating one cupcake. Should you relatively feel that your fats do cardio type workout routines and weight lifting. (must raise your spirits make you seem excellent and with the way you eat now would most likely be the quality thing for you.)
Immanuel

Postby finnbar » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:07 pm

Don't worry about what's happened.
The past is unchangeable, so there's no point in fretting. And I'm sure it's not your fault. Sometimes things happen, and only you can tell for sure what you need to do to get out of a very dark place.
But I might have some things you can do.

Everyone has a purpose in life, and sometimes we have to go through hard times to understand that purpose.
Think of yourself and what you can get through, and of what an inspiring story yours will be once you make it through this hard time.
If you feel like your life lacks direction, then choose your own direction.
Choose to move upwards and away from your eating disorder, from your synthetic marijuana use, and from your depression.
I know this is probably much harder than it sounds, but you have to acknowledge the power within yourself.
You have the power to make positive changes in your life, I promise you.
When you want to purge or use synthetics, replace it with another, more positive habit.
Draw, write, exercise, play music, anything.
Cook some food.
Drive around just to clear your head.
you may fail, but get back up and try again.
Because you are a strong and amazing person, with the power to make changes.

You can get through this.
finnbar

Return to Eat to Live