Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Antibiotic Diarrhea, Probiotics & Nutrition.?

Learn about Food Nutrition

Postby Laban » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:05 am

O.k., I will try to make this as short as possible, but may not be possible. Finished my 2nd round of antibiotics almost 3 weeks or so ago. The 2nd day of taking Erythromycin (which I dont recommend) and never really taking antibiotics before I developed a pretty good case of diarrhea, not terrible just loose with a little water and some chunks. After about 1.5 weeks of finishing them, I began taking probiotics and the diarrhea subsided so I thought everything was cool. So, I tried to get back to my normal diet of mostly raw fruits and veges and alot of grain. I had some cabbage, a salad, some grapes and 2 oranges. Well, guess what? It was not yet time to go full force into it, and it all ran right through me. I got back on the Brat Diet and everything returned to normal. So here are my problems.

A. The doctor gave me no instructions on taking the antibiotics (Great Doc) I had no clue that they would mess me up as bad as they did. I later learned that the antibiotics are some of the worst for messing up your normal Flora.

B. When I called the pharmacist at night, he told me to take Immodium! Most of you know that Anti-Diarrheals only stop you up, leave the toxins in your body longer and make things worse.

C. After I finished the anibiotics and still had loose stool, I asked about probiotics. He told me that they are all the same and to eat whatever I wanted. I quickly learned that they arent all the same, they can have 1 mil count up to 50 bil count. Only when I went back and got a better probiotic, did it start working. And I found out quickly that I couldnt eat anything I wanted.

So, I told you all of that to ask you this. I have been on this Brat Diet for a few weeks now. I am very active and feel sorta Blah with not getting all the vitamins from the raw foods. I hate white bread and white rice and dont get the energy I need from it. I am thinking about introducing some cooked broccoli and berries. I dont really like taking supplements, but I guess I could. So, how would you reccomend I get some vitamins back in my body without having another relapse? I feel pretty good right now, and feel like the worse is over, but I still dont want to push it. You think juicing would be alright? And is there any vitamins that may interact with probiotics. Thanks again for reading my rambling.
Laban

Postby Wilfryd » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:08 am

that's lots much less annoying to feed a canines a house-made eating ordinary than that's a cat, as their nutritional desires are somewhat greater convenient. you're doing actual via feeding your canines a healthful eating ordinary, yet actual you care as lots approximately your cat's wellness as your canines's??? First, remember that nature made cats to eat MEAT. take a seem on the climate on what you're feeding. The Iams is finished of corn - that's a filler that has no nutritional fee for cats. that's put in there because of the fact that's inexpensive, and facilitates the producer to make super revenue at our puppy's cost. examine somewhat greater on the two the Iams and Whiskas. The "meat" source isn't probable meat in any respect - that's meat via-products. back, a clever thank you to apply a waste product. via-products are the waste of the slaughter living house marketplace. that's all those factors that isn't be in a position of be marketed as meat - beaks, hides, tendons, spinal chords, diseased organs, lifeless animals that isn't be in a position of be processed for human food - something which would be positioned right into a vat and rendered into puppy "food". that's what you're presently feeding your cat. in case you pass to a puppy shop, and consider the labels on the food, you may actual discover a eating ordinary it is freed from corn and via-products on your cat.
Wilfryd

Postby Vincente » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:17 am

My dr told me to take Stoney Field Farms Organic yogurt. That will put back good floura. Then you can get back to fruit veggies and nuts to be healthy. Juicing would work.
Vincente

Postby Avery » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:18 am

Why don't you just go see a Naturopath? Whatever health issues you have can be cleared up without antibiotics. MDs don't get any training in nutrition and especially not holistic nutrition. Conditions like IBS, etc. can be cured with the right probiotics and probably some homeopathy.

The Brat diet sounds like a sure trip to crappy overall health.

Vitamins don't interact with probiotics but you should take them a couple of hours apart, and all probiotics are not created equal.

The best single food to regulate your system when you have diarrhea or constipation is organic unsweetened apple sauce.(For dogs it's pure pumpkin. Even if the vet knows they'd rather sell you their stuff at $10 a can.) The idea is to balance, not suppress or oppose.
Avery

Postby Liang » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:20 am

I am on many antibiotics and have had the same problems after having pneumonia and sepsis, and I'm taking clindamycin and levofloxin. My doctors told me to get a probiotic in between, not the strongest kind but not the weakest. You might have to try a few before it actually works, I just use the CVS brand and yet that works for me. Some antibiotics can cause diarrhea even weeks after you stop taking them, so I'd recommend continuing a probiotic after you complete all the meds. Hope I helped and it goes away!(:
Liang

Return to Food Nutrition