Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Am I Going Nowhere Like My Dad Says?

Postby adrian » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:46 pm

All I ever hear from my father is how I'm going no where in life and how I'm irresponsible...yet, I'm working full time. I got my JOBS (2 not 1) with no ones help, I've been working since I was sixteen years old. I'm not currently in college because I don't want to waste money on a future I'm not sure of. I have written two novels, and a six season lengthed script for a tv drama but because of my dad always putting me down Im too scared to actually submit them. I've also pursued music since I was 13 and got lucky enough to tour with bands such as paramore and all time low. None of this seems to please my dad. I guess he's butt hurt over the fact that I don't want to have a 9-5 job like him. He kicks me out on a weekly basis, which I understand he has that right now that I'm an adult yet every time I don't argue with him about it (I can afford my own place it's just I'm comfortable living at home for free) he changes his mind and asks me to stay. but it's getting to me. If I don't do the dishes it's the end of the world for him. My argument is that I don't eat at the house, why should I clean up his and the rest of the family's mess? Any advice for me? Cuz this coupled with my complicated as **** relationship with my girlfriend is gonna make me crack.
adrian

Postby Armin » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:48 pm

Hun, dont ever take crap from anyone, no matter who they are. no one can tell you what you can or cannot amount to in life. it is your life, follow your heart, your gut, your common sense, whatever, as long as it is you that you are following. submit those scripts, the novels, you never know until you try. and if they reject the idea it is not the end of the world, it just means that you have room to grow and improve. i dont want to tell you how to rule your life, but i think that it is time to move out and make it on your own, even if you lose a commodity or two. dont lead a troubled life just because the people in it are complicated. tell your dad its time you left, and that you will call him or visit him ocassionally; and if your girlfriend is being complicated, then talk it out (if she is worth it and willing to). stay strong, stay positive and dont be afraid, we all have to face the world eventually :)
Armin

Postby ApOwen » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:58 pm

Move out. You are old enough to do what you want. If you don't want want to rent your own place then find a group of people that live together and move in with them or find a room to rent somewhere. There are ways to save money on rent although there are trade-offs to not having your own place.

If you're old enough to do your own thing then you should go do it. Most parents will never understand. They only see things one way but that's just how they are. If you want to do your own thing then you should be on your own. It's great to save money but sometimes you have to go out on your own.
ApOwen

Postby Maxime » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:06 pm

No, I do not do not forget while Dad stated gambling video video games gets me nowhere, on the grounds that such matters did not exist till Nolan Bushnell created Pong, and we did not have the cash to shop for it. I constantly desired a walkie-talkie. But we could not come up with the money for them. He mostly urged that partying and shagging might get me nowhere. He used to be correct. But he constantly had an curiosity in human science, and I desire I would exhibit him one of the most stuff we have now now. Happy Father's Day to all...and sure, I received my first phone mobile as a gift at present. We can come up with the money for it. Amazing, ain't it?...
Maxime

Return to Eat to Live