Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Am I A Schizophrenic?

Depression making it hard to lose weight?

Am I A Schizophrenic?

Postby Donell » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:27 am

I recently turned 13, and i'm Female. Have not been diagnosed with anything, but suspect myself to have Schizophrenia. My Dad's side of the family has a history of psychosis.

This stuff had occurred in the past year:

At first, I thought I suffered through depression. This was for only 2 months or so. I just had very empty thoughts.

It was somewhere in March when I thought cameras were in my house, watching me. There was a vague group of people who were watching me as I was "special". My common sense told me that this was not possible, but my gut instinct said otherwise. I used to talk out aloud, things such as "I know that you're watching", or "You think you are so smart, but you can't fool me. I know you're there". I used to look at corners in my room, where cameras may be concealed. I wasted time reading online essays on how to tell if someone was watching me, and how to disable spy devices.

I believed that mind reading was possible, and that people were reading my mind. Because of this, when in public, I tried to think of nothing, and bury all my thoughts.

I've had auditory hallucinations, with shadows under my door, at night ...I'm not sure if they are real or not. There's a 1% chance this was a hallucination, as what I heard was VERY vivid. I woke up in the middle of the night to my mum's single scream. She was in her bedroom with my Dad, and she was talking about a hidden spy camera watching me, and how I was a failure. She swore at me, but she NEVER swears.

During this time, I lost a lot of weight, and never slept. My school attendance dropped (My mum made me go, so it dropped only a little) I lost interest in friends, and spent most of my spare time staring at a wall in my room. My mum complained that I was lazy.

I happened to stumble across an internet post about mental disorders, and characters that had them. One of them seemed to be just like me, and I thought that what was happening was completely true, but reading other's stories about it made me accept that it wasn't. This post probably saved my life. As I became more educated about Schizophrenia, the delusions, paranoia, and hallucinations wore off.

A month later, I had a mini attack where I believed my brother to be kidnapped when I came home and he wasn't there. I ran around the neighbourhood, looking for him, and left a note at home for my parents to phone me as soon as they read it, and if I didn't respond, to "fear the worst", or that "I may be in trouble". Anyway, they later came home. Safe.

Now, I'm an emotionless, confused, robot. I have a group of friends now. I forget things seconds after I say them. My memory's very bad. I find no pleasure in life. Thing is, even though this is how I feel, to fit in with others, I try to act like I'm perfectly fine. (I don't like to feel worthless, and don't like other's to think I need help) I get hyper, but there is still that emptiness. Sometimes the wrong emotions come through. I have a lot of made up words (Neologisms) that make up a large part of my vocabulary. I understand others perfectly well, but when speaking, they don't understand me as I often go off topic, or just completely mess my sentence up. I often forget what I'm saying mid-sentence.
I keep an image of normalness, and don't tell anyone what I am feeling.

Recently, however, I'm been beginning to feel something coming up again. I'm paranoid at things. My friends have pointed out that I often say "violent, and paranoid" things out loud, and trail off into a story about what would happen if someone jumped out with a knife, and stabbed one of us, and how if it did happen, what to do. (in complete sincerity) I make it out as a joke, but I just want them to know what dangers they could be approaching. I don't notice myself saying this out loud. It just happened. And I say it all in a melancholy tone. I don't feel it is violent though. I don't know if this will fade away?

I tried telling my mum, but she just said that I should try not to believe the delusions, as I might get crazy like my dad. (She doesn't know much about mental disorders) I have not told anyone else, and neither will I do so. I mentioned it to my friend, who told me about some stuff that is "Actually real", but I believe to be delusions. She has mild Aspergers. My mum doesn't think it's a big deal, so I don't want to go to the doctor's and waste their time. I'm better than before. I just don't know what to do from here? What do you think?
Donell

Am I A Schizophrenic?

Postby Geordie » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:28 am

I don't suppose there's a normal guiding principle. Just that there are voices... Good, what I mean. My uncle is a clinical schizophrenic as well, however he hears voices down water pipes and voices effectively in his head inform him that he's the subsequent messiah; he is additionally utterly convinced his entire marriage had been a scam and that there used to be no marriage in any respect (I used to be there when he obtained married, intellect you) and that his "so-known as" spouse had slipped him medicines throughout it to preserve him considering he used to be most commonly disabled in order that she could profit from the incapacity assessments... So I suppose that the way schizophrenia comes up in these persons identified, will depend on how they maintain paranoid ideas. It is most likely fully exclusive from one character to an extra. Without doubt I don't have any thought myself considering that i'm no longer schizophrenic. I additionally don't consider there has been much proof that you just might advance schizophrenia in later life due to stress, trauma or anger. There have been reports in the direction of schizophrenia and drug abuse and there is proof that cocaine and schizophrenia are linked. Also that hashish and schizophrenia are related. However even here, psychiatrists ask the question whether the drug causes the illness, or humans with a latent tendency for this sickness are attracted by means of the drug to surface their sickness. Experiments with mice does exhibit that drug abuse (cocaine or cannabis) at an extraordinarily younger age (before 15 in our case) can motive permanent damage and does without a doubt cause intellectual ailments like for illustration schizophrenia. Any one who uses these medications after the age of 15 is shown to have no outcomes from the drug. As a consequence the question; does the drug intent the illness or does the sickness purpose the drug?
Geordie

Am I A Schizophrenic?

Postby Calder » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:29 am

Clinically, to be officially Schizophrenic, you need to

1. Be 18 or older

2. Have your symptoms observed over a 6 month period.

You do, however, have the potential to be diagnosed with a Psychotic Disorder
Calder

Am I A Schizophrenic?

Postby Ryley » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:30 am

It depends, what does your alter ego say to you about it?
Ryley

Am I A Schizophrenic?

Postby Liosliath » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:34 am

It looks very likely, but nobody can diagnose you over the internet. See a psychiatrist, as it could be something else like bipolar. There's also a whole "spectrum" of schizophrenic disorders, such as schizoid personailty, schizoaffective, schizotypal, etc. and you can'r really tell the difference unless you've been trained in psychiatry.

You're 13, so I know it's difficult to tell people. I had those sypmtoms since I was 9, but couldn't bring myself to go to the doctor until I was 16 (I'm 17 now), and he didn't help much because if you're under 18 your parents have to be informed, which I didn't want. The guy who said you had to be 18 to be diagnosed is wrong; that's only for personailty disorders. Other mental disorders can be diagnosed below that.

I think the youngest diagnosed schizophrenic is 4 years old.

If there's one thing I could recommend outside of real treatment, it's Folic Acid tablets; they help some of the depression and other negative symptoms a little. I tried them after reading that schizophrenics usually lack folic acid. Don't expect much though. Real treatment needs a real prescription.
Liosliath

Am I A Schizophrenic?

Postby Beinish » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:36 am

I feel like I can relate to this a lot when I was younger, like forgetting what I'm saying mid sentence and thinking someones always watching me, and can hear my thoughts so id try to think about something not weird... I have aspergers syndrome soooo... idk maybe you do too... but as I got older it all seemed to lessen
Beinish

Return to Depression & Weight Loss