Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!    Latest blog post: Yoga for Weight Loss

Advertisments:

According To The Atkins Diet, If I Ate Nothing But Pure Protein Foods Such As Fish, Meat And Eggs, Then I?

According To The Atkins Diet, If I Ate Nothing But Pure Protein Foods Such As Fish, Meat And Eggs, Then I?

Postby Gleann » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:34 am

Yes.
However, the Atkins Diet is very clear that eliminating carbs completely should only last for two weeks.
Anything longer than that is very unhealthy.
After two weeks, you are SUPPOSED to start adding carbs back into your diet.

And your understanding of the induction phase of Atkins is a bit shaky - it does not recommend pure protein.
You should also be eating some dairy products and green vegetables.
Gleann

Postby Anghrist » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:37 am

That's an extreme oversimplification of the Atkins Diet. Atkins should only be attempted under the frequent and discerned eye of a physician because it purposely messes with your body's different chemical levels to create a fat-burning environment. The problem is, these chemical levels can damage the body in the process.
Anghrist

Postby Cingeswell » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:38 am

no. people always gain weight back like that. besides, if you eat too much of anything then it will just turn to fat, including protein. You dont even want that much protein circulating in your system...to put it simply, thats bad for you.

You have to EAT to lose weight. And besides, everything has at least a little bit of carbs in them. Like fruit are carbs. And chicken has carbs in it although its majority protein. What little carbs your body is eating, it tries to hold onto it--its thinking you are going to starve so it tries to store the little it has. thats why as soon as you start carbs again your body is like OMG CARBS and goes overboard on it. Its also why stupid women will "not eat carbs" and "lose weight" but that weight is mostly muscle and a little fat and they are left with flabby skin and a lower metabolism.

The best way to do it is just make sure you eat a little less overall with calories and eating all the right foods like fruit veggies carbs and proteins balanced. eat more often but smaller meals. this will keep your metabolism going. Also, exercise! but you dont have to go crazy with it. The first 15 minutes just WALK. it doesnt matter what you do in the first 15 minutes because your body does not begin to truly burn fat or carbs til after that time frame. thats why its a warm up. if you want to burn fat after your 15 minutes, get your heart-rate between 130 and 145. just do it a few times a week for 30-40 minutes. and EAT!!!
Cingeswell

Postby torre » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:40 am

The theory is the high protein will keep your blood sugars stable so that hunger isn t triggered by low blood sugar.
If the Atkins diet is followed properly, it is possible to lose weight and keep it off. It is supposed to transition into a dietary way of life which includes healthy lean proteins with a healthy balance of carbs.
Too often people go on a strict protein diet and call it "Atkins" when it truly isn t.
torre

Postby Ashby » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:42 am

Atkins allows you to eat until you're full.
Theoretically, Atkins is supposed to help reduce food cravings after a period of time which will reduce your appetite.
It's not all about protein though, there are a lot of veggies you should be adding to an Atkin's friendly diet too so you don't lose nutrition.
Ashby

Postby collier » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:48 am

"As much as I want" may or may not happen, but basically, yes.
collier

Return to Atkins Diet