Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

A family friend just died from having 4 heart attacks in a row while in the hospital just 1 month...?

Surgery to help lose weight

A family friend just died from having 4 heart attacks in a row while in the hospital just 1 month...?

Postby farly » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:34 am

after her gastric bypass surgery. Is this rare we thought she was doing well and all of sudden she is hit by these heart attacks and dies out of nowwhere. We are so shocked right now and hurt. Can someone please help me understand what went wrong after the surgery.
farly

Postby baldric » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:44 am

I am sorry for your loss. Gastric Bypass surgery, as you know, is meant to be one of the last options for someone that needs to lose weight. Weight problems always have an effect on the heart muscle. The possibility of heart problems was probable one of the main reasons she had the surgery in the first place. Now, since we do not know how the surgery went or how the surgery followup was done it is impossible for me to tell you why she had heart attacks following the surgery. There are really two reasons why this could have happened. 1. Something went wrong during the surgery and she did not recover properly which made her have a heart attack. So, the surgeon messed up or someone messed up after the surgery by giving her a medication she was allergic to exc. When the body is looked at post mordem her body will be checked for possible causes of her death from surgical complications. 2. Her body was not strong enough to undergo the surgery or her weight issues had already weakened her heart. Again, being overweight is dangerous to the heart because it causes the heart to do more work. The heart can also become blocked by fatty substances in the hearts tubes. This can cause heart attacks. Many times, the stress on the body after undergoing surgery can cause heart attacks as well. There are other possibilities too but the above listed are the most logical conclusions I can give you. You will know more after the post mordem report is made. I hope this helps you and again sorry about your loss.
baldric

Postby bertolde86 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:03 am

Are you retarded? how are we supposed to know what the hell went wrong? we're not surgeons, or doctors. We didn't performed the surgery, or did the follow up. We are not psychic, there is no way anyone other than the doctors could know. Why don't you go ask them?
bertolde86

Postby valiant » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:05 am

Are you retarded? how are we supposed to know what the hell went wrong? we're not surgeons, or doctors. We didn't performed the surgery, or did the follow up. We are not psychic, there is no way anyone other than the doctors could know. Why don't you go ask them?
A family friend just died from having 4 heart attacks in a row while in the hospital in just 1 month. That's what happened.
valiant

Return to Surgical Weight Loss